Chapter 23

"Th-The Re-Regulars they're ba-back."

"Get in here and jump," June whispered argessively as I felt her arm tug at me.
"Jump," I whispered as I shut my eyes so I couldn't see myself fall. Sometimes I was afraid of heights but I was more afraid of losing the one I loved. Therefore, I took the risk.
I felt myself drift slowly down a cool vent. The frigid wind engulfed me as I fell down the vent.
Then, when I thought that I would be falling forever a pair of large hands caught me as I dropped into a dark room.
"You always are there to catch me," I smiled as he glanced into my eyes.
"And I will always be," he cooed his green eyes staring into mine with a smile shown on his face. .
He let me down slowly my feet hitting the cement.
"What about Max?" I asked frantically.
"He's fine. He's a ghost so he is invisible to them but well maybe not to their machines. Those can pick up where misfits are."
"So shouldn't we be afraid too?" I questioned.
No, they can't detect us from all the way down here. It's too far," she told me which helped calm me down a bit.
I still was horribly worried for Max even though Jane told me it was okay. People always said I worried too much and I'd have to agree.
Then, a sudden loud sound broke the silence. A gunshot had been fired. I could tell because of the ear piercing screams that followed the noise.
God I hoped they wouldn't find us.
"We have to help them," I chanted.

"No, it's too dangerous Mavis," He warned me clutching my arm so I couldn't move.
"The misfits are our family and there's no way I'm going to leave them," I argued pulling my arm from his grasp.
"No, Mavis" he yelled his voice booming off the walls.
"I have to," I whispered the tears streaming down my face.
"Then, I'm coming with you," he complied as I took the first step up the shaky ladder.
"I don't know about this," I whined as I rested my left foot on one of the creaky boards.
"Just keep going we're almost there," Harry suggested as I lead the way up the weak ladder.
As I landed my foot on the top rung I felt my feet drop beneath me.
"Shit," I whispered as I stumbled on the equally damaged board below it.
"You okay?" Harry asked me from below.
"I'm fine," I replied brushing the dust and broken wood off of my arms.
"Show yourself misfits," a voice threatened from above.
"Shut the latch," Harry whispered afraid they would find us. Even for a tall, intimidating guy like Harry I knew he was afraid. We were all afraid.
The voice slowly drifted away after a few minutes luckily. My legs were already sore from steading myself on the broken, creaky board.
"What's our plan? " I asked him afraid of getting caught just like the last time.
"Just go and don't be afraid. Having fear in the Madhouse is like blood in the sea of sharks. They can detect either from miles away," he told me while his eyes locked onto mine.
"You got it?" he asked trying to confirm our very vague plan.
"Yes, Harry," (I wanted to put Yes,daddy lol I'm sorry) I confirmed before we headed out into the danger zone.
"Go," Harry prompted me as I unlocked the latch doing my best not to be afraid. Yeah, right that's bullshit. Everyone is afraid in the Madhouse it's inevitable but apparently not to him.
"It's go time," I thought to myself trying to prepare myself for the risky events that follow.
Hey! How are you all? Well I hope you are doing okay. I have a civics exam tomorrow yay! (sarcastic voice)
Mentions yay! (non-sarcastic voice) Name_pls emmaxlamothe FrickinChicken stalkingtommo niallsdope OutsideofReality521 xhemmohugsx HGstyles and many more! If you are reading right now then you are on my mentions list :)
Okay, I had to make it more than 666 words so there's this extra sentence lol. Well after editing this it isn't close to 666 sorry.