Chapter 19

Thank you so much for +4k reads! I never thought I would get this far. I have a bunch of people to thank so here ya go- FiftyShadesOfHarryxx RollOverAndDie VeronicaDiamond
Onlynormalpeople StockholmSyndrome11 our5xfactorboys spirit_1 deludedbullshippers5. I love you all! I truly apologize for not updating in a week. It's school again. :( Enough with my annoying blabbering, here is Chapter 19 of Misfits!

My mind told me to run.
And boy did I run but in the end it didn't get me far.
"You won't be safe for long," a voice threatened as I sprinted far down the twisting hallways.
"Harry, What about Harry?" the voice panicked in my head.
I turned back to see nothing but complete darkness as I ran down the hall.
The one thing that I loved was gone.
I had forgotten the most important person of my life but he told me to save myself.
Harry always wanted me to save myself even if he would suffer the pain.
He would be proud of me but I certainly wasn't.
My mind fought the urge to go back and save him. I told myself to just worry about me and to save myself. Then, my heart wanted him but my mind advised me to go on without him. That's the thing your heart tells you to do what you love but your mind is the one with the common sense. But after all follow your heart and that's what I did.
I dropped everything I was doing to find him.
Before I could scurry back to the office I saw a pack of wolves bearing their teeth.
No not Wolves. I can't out run them but I ran my hardest to get away from their clenching jaws.
As I bolted down the hallways I felt a slight bump on my side.
As I turned to look up I instantly smiled. His jumpsuit was torn open exposing his chest. His huge butterfly tattoo showed across his stomach and one bird on both sides of his chest.
"Good job, babe. At least I know you listen to me. You saved yourself and that's what I told you to do," he said as he smiled for a second.
Then, we halted in the midst of the chase. It wasn't a smart idea but we had hit a dead end.
We were trapped.
"Harry can't save you now, honey," Mrs. Brunswick cackled as Harry's grip tightened around mine.
"But we can." a voice interrupted as I stared at the baring sharp teeth and long fur of the wolves.
A short girl with familar brown, frizzy hair stood in front of a small amount of misfits. June, the girl that locked us in a closet was here to save us. The crazy, physcotic June I loved.
Each one of them glowed like a burning forest fire, their skin showing a bright red.
Experiment X.
The small army of people behind her were apart of Experiment X.
Mrs. Brunswick's expression on her face was priceless and full of shock. Her eyes blinked rapidly as if she was seeing a monster but all she was looking at was defeat. Slowly, she backed away and fearfully shouted "You can't get away with this. They still can't escape no matter how hard they try. I'll let them go if you don't hurt me, please. "
She had gave in this time. We had found a way to stop the powerhouse of this evil asylum but I had a strong feeling that this wasn't the last time.
Suddenly, the frightening wolves whimpered at us and backed away.
She zoomed down the hallway to her office ready to alert the nearest guard. In a couple of minutes, all of the guards would be wildly searching for Mavis and Harry.
Of course we didn't let her run too far because after all we couldn't let her get away.
Every second we got closer and closer to her the suspense built.
With one quick swipe Harry yanked the collar of her shirt.
"You aren't going anywhere," Harry growled his skin suddenly turning amber. "Let me go," she gasped trying to release herself from Harry's grasp.
"We know you know the truth. Don't deny it," I snarled as she stared at the both of us.
Her eyes glanced up at us fearfully, as she started to whisper
"You are different from the rest of this world. Misfits have hidden powers and other pure humans, like me don't. You are part human and your traits get passed along from your parents.
You, Harry are a Fire human and Mavis you have a power that's just not known yet. Most misfits it's easy to tell but you are special."
"What about our parents?" Harry questioned.
"They had powers too." she replied.
"Then why did they die?" I asked afraid of the answer.
"Even you can't live forever. You have the same lifespan as the rest of us," she warned as she pointed to the two of us.
She was still in Harry's hold because we were unsure of her actions at this point.
"Now let me go," she demanded while thrashing helplessly.
"You thought we would let you go that easy? After all, you'd just go crying back to the security guards," Harry snapped as he tightened his hold on her arms.
In the hallway, there was a closet with blood stained jumpsuits and baggy guard uniforms .
"We'll let you go right here," Harry suggested pointing to the bottomless pit of the piles of clothes.
"Grab her legs, " Harry whispered as he snatched a rope and tied her arms together.
Quickly, I used the remaining piece of rope to tie her arms together tightly. I never thought in a billion years that I would be doing something so sinster. I was such a good girl that always obeyed her parents. Of course every good girl has a dark side that they discover every once in a while. I think I've discovered the dark side of me.
Mrs. Brunswick's eyes glared at us as we threw her body into the putrid pile of scattered clothes.
This won't be the last time you'll see me," she threatened as she disappeared into the mountain of clothing ever so slowly.