Chapter 33

Gone forever, never to be found again.

I woke up trembling, shaking in fear. Was he really gone?

"No, Mavis snap out of it. You can't think like that," I told myself trying to calm myself down.

If he was here, then I wouldn't be stressed in the first place. Today we were escaping the Misfits House and I was frightened. I didn't have any control over what happened to Harry. I don't know if I will be able to do it. I'll have to focus on finding the exit but I know my thoughts will wander on him.
To be honest, I don't think I have control on not worrying about him. It's inevitable, it's bound happen.

It must have been early in the morning because everyone was sound asleep on the cement floor.

Snores could be heard throughout the room as everyone's chest rose and fell.

I guess I really was the only one awake.

Eventually, I had decided to try to fall back asleep but I ended up tossing and turning.

After a couple long hours, people started to awaken and get up from their spots on the floor.

As soon as everyone was awake, we discussed our plans and what to do if a certain problem occurred.

If anyone was critically injured it was up to me to help them. People would die today and there was no question about it.

Someone always has to sacrifice themselves unfournately.
We were escaping early in the day because if we didn't they would come get me for my separation.

All of the groups gathered together and assembled their weapons. I was working with little kids so there wasn't really any knives or guns for them.
They all had powers anyway so they could still defend themselves pretty well. I still carried a steel knife and a handgun just incase.

Soon enough the groups were all together and they had gathered their various weapons.

"Is everyone ready to go?" I asked trying to mask my nervousness.

"Yes, if you are," a tall girl replied from one of the groups.

Another person this time a man shouted "We are."

"So who's gonna turn out the lights?"

"I am," I replied flicking the switch that turned off all of the lights in the institution.

Now we were in complete darkness which required us to have flashlights which I already passed out. Luckily, a boy from my group glowed in the dark so it was easier for us to see.
"Everyone knows what the hell they are doing, right?"

"Yes, ma'am," the tall leader from the teenager group responded.

"Yes, Mavis," the man from the oldest group responded.

And in that moment we left the room and took off. I snatched as many kids' hands as I could and we all turned down the hall.
They whimpered because they were wandering in pitch black lighting. I shushed them and lead them to the C wing.

The C wing was filled with dangerous traps which we had to keep careful of. As the small group of kids followed me, one of them sunk a bit into the crumbling floor. I picked her up and placed her next to me.

Instead of finding any exit we found a person and no this person wasn't dead. He was a regular.

"Get back, now," I whispered to the kids. Some of them hid behind mass piles of clutter and a few hide in cages. Either way the man couldn't see them from where he was.