Chapter 12: Meeting (1)

***Solaris's Viewpoint***

What Heroine was she talking about? Was she talking about me? No, no, that's impossible! I would pass as a Villainess instead. Let's not think of such a thing, I need to prepare for my escape soon. The 'How to live my commoner life' plan!!

When we arrived at the said 'Sunni Palace', Brother Licht kissed my forehead and said goodbye. I just waved at him and went inside. I was just walking along the corridor when someone covered my mouth with a handkerchief and dragged me inside a dark room.

What the--! Isn't kidnapping a princess treason?

A candle suddenly lit up and a smiling face scared me. A boy?

He has twinkling yet sharp sapphire eyes, a pointy nose and plump lips. When other light sources like torches and candelabras ignited, I saw the boy's platinum blond hair that amazed me.

He's pretty!

"I finally have the Princess of Heliontha for myself. Take that Licht, you useless piece of shit!! Haha!!" He declared and laughed hysterically to himself.

Who the hell is he? By how he casually addressed Brother Licht, I guess he's also a prince. Wait, a prince?

I saw a younger boy that has the same features like him. He calmly walked to the other and smacked him. The older one yelped that I couldn't help but chuckle in amusement. The younger one bowed.

"Endless glory to the star of Heliontha! I am Phobos Fier diRiviére Lunaria, Second Prince of the Lunarian empire. This is my brother, Deimos Rocher diRiviére Lunaria. He may be like this but he's the Crown Prince of Lunaria." I balked at his words.

Eh, C-Crown P-Prince..?

"Yeah, yeah, enough with all those honorifics. So Imperial Princess, what do you think would I do to you after abducting you like this?" The Crown Prince asked while moving his face to mine.

"How would I know? It's not like we share the same consciousness. If you wanted a Helionthan princess so badly, why not take an interest on Princess Helia instead? I think she'll likely fall for such petty schemes." I replied coldly that he laughed.

What's funny?

"You're interesting, I'll give you that. But don't you think I have the upperhand in this situation? I can do whatever I want with you and there'll be no one who could help you. So why not put on a scared expression?"

"Pfft, you wish! If you beg like a slave, I think I can do it." His eyebrows twitched and he grabbed my neck. "I see, so you're the hotheaded one." I commented. He was about to lash out on me when a familiar girl went between us with a mouth full of popcorn.

"Stop!! This wasn't what it was supposed to be! Your Imperial Highness Crown Prince Deimos was supposed to show his obsession over you Princess Solaris! And then you," Princess Helia pointed at me. "were supposed to cower in fear and avoid him. Then after spending some time together, you'll realize that he's not just a possessive bastard."

"Hey!!" The Crown Prince retorted.

What does she mean? Am I supposed to fall in love with him?

"Huh? Why would I fear him when he acts like a cat?" The Second Prince laughed at my lexis while Princess Helia held out her laughter.

"To think a Princess like you could humiliate me like this, I'll make sure to pay you back tenfold!!" He shouted and disappeared into thin air. His younger brother waved his hand goodbye and followed.

Now that such nuisances are gone, I have to deal with this girl!

"Uhmm... I can explain..! You got the wrong idea..! I was just... I was just uhmm... I was just trying to bring you two closer together like what happened in the--" She stammered but I cut her off.

"In the what? Tell me, what did you mean by 'supposed to'? Do you know of a future I don't? What does it have to do with me being together with that useless prince?" I sternly asked consecutively that she avoided eye contact.

She's definitely hiding something. But what? Why do I feel like it's better not to know at all?

"I really want to tell you but my lips are sealed. Everything I do from now on is to keep the world from diverting from its natural course, can I still be your friend despite all of those secrets?"

I beamed out a smile and offered my hand. "Of course! I'll be in your care, Helia."

"Right back at ya, Solaris!" She happily replied and we went out of that room with clasped hands.

After that, I went to a random room and fell asleep. Several knocks came from the door that woke me up. So I opened it and gasped when I saw about ten maids came rushing in.

Three of them brought in three whole rack of dresses, another three brought in cosmetics, the rest discussed something with the others. They then bathed me in a bath tub with a perfumed water and rose petals floating on it.

They argued on what dress should I wear and made me wear a white dress with golden trimmings and frills. They styled my hair into a single loose braid swept to my right shoulder and put flowers between the strands. They put some light powder on my face and showed me the door.

A crimson-haired knight with a muscular build, a stern face and a scar on his eye led me to the throne room of Al Sol Palace.

"Endless glory to the sun of the empire, Your Imperial Majesty the Emperor! This princess heard of your request and now has arrived." I respectfully greeted as I curtsied.

"Rise, my daughter." I obeyed. "I have some grave news that directly affect you. This might be unsettling for you but you need to comply so war won't break out."

"I understand Your Imperial Majesty, so may I know what this is about?" I asked bluntly.

"This is a matter concerning your future. I, as the Emperor and your father, decided to engage you with the Lunarian Crown Prince. Your mother, the Empress Regnant, has already agreed to it." He replied that I felt my soul leaving my body.

W-What?