Chapter 17: Type

***Solaris's Viewpoint***

What do I do? I don't want to be engaged with him! If I become Lunaria's Crown Princess, how will I escape and live my dream life? This cannot happen!

"But father, is there really no other way? They didn't threaten you or anything, did they? Father, please, don't give me away." I used my charms on him that he flinched.

Please, please reconsider my engagement with the Crown Prince of Lunaria.

"I cannot do that so forgive me, my dear daughter. I'm sure he can make you happy and you could be an Empress like you always wanted five years ago. Tomorrow, they will come here to bring gifts for your hand in marriage."

"Father, I wanna be a knight who can protect the people of Heliontha, that's why I don't plan on getting married. Nothing can change my mind, even if our people wish for it. This is all, endless glory to the sun of the Helionthan empire!" I left the room and headed straight to my bedroom in Sunni Palace.

What now? He won't change his mind even if I keep on insisting to break it off. Can I really be a commoner when I have to fulfill my role as the Imperial Princess by marrying the neighboring empire's Crown Prince?

"Endless glory to the star of the empire, Your Imperial Highness Princess Solaris Athene diLumiere Heliontha. My name is Emi, your new lady-in-waiting, please take care of me." A brunette-haired girl in her twenties with orange eyes said and bowed.

"I could say the same thing to you, please call me Solaris. Can you send a message to my brother that I need to talk to him about something urgent?"

"Of course, Your Imperial Highness, I will be leaving now." She hurriedly left.

I told her to call me Solaris, is it that hard to address me casually? Sigh.

I heard a knock from the door and Emi came in with my brother.

"What's wrong Solaris? Did something happen?" He worriedly asked that I was touched.

"I will take my leave to give you privacy. Endless glory to the stars of the empire!" Emi said.

"Brother, are you still practicing swordsmanship and martial arts?" He nodded. "Who is that person? Can I also train under him? I wanna become a knight."

"It's Viscount Rigel. Of cour-- what?!"

I already anticipated his reaction, but it's still funny though. A lady, much less a princess, who wields a sword is labeled as vulgar. Of course he's surprised!

"Why would you-- I mean, you don't need to. I am already here so you don't need to concern yourself with this. Solaris, you should just read a book or you can learn how to brew tea or embroider a handkerchief."

"Brother, you prefer your sister to be engaged with Crown Prince Deimos?" He stood up.

"Absolutely not, how dare he claim you as his!! If you're becoming a knight to avoid your engagement, then I'll help you. What else do you need?"

"I want to practice controlling my magic. What type do I have by the way?"

"Humans call it Light magic but magical beings call it divine power. I'll request the second cardinal of the Vif Holy Nation to teach you how to control it. You probably have Void magic inherited from mother so I'll ask the Great Archmage's second apprentice to teach you. Is that it?"

"Yep, I think that's it. Thanks for the help, brother, tell me if they already decided when they'll start to teach me. Oh, I almost forgot! Can you tell Brother Heinrey to visit me here? I have lots of things to say and ask."

"Bye Solaris, see you later!" He waved his hands goodbye and went out.

Now that it's all settled, I only need to persuade the prince and ottousama to break off the engagement. Sigh, being a princess is too hard! You can have all the things in the world but you have too many responsibilities, how disheartening.

I went to À L'ombre Palace where Empress Consort Mathilde and Princess Helia resides in. A maid bowed and showed me the way to the garden. There I saw my half-sister leisurely drinking tea with an unknown girl.

I walked towards their table and the girl with her curtsied in respect.

"Endless glory to the star of the empire, Your Imperial Highness Princess Solaris Athene diLumiere Heliontha! I am Lady Alleria, daughter of Grand Duke Sirius. Nice to meet you!" She said and raised her head.

Is she the sister of Brother Heinrey? She's so pretty!

"Please call me Solaris, you're Brother Heinrey's sister after all. Pleasure to meet you, please send my regards to your family. Can I join in your teatime?"

"How could I possibly--" I narrowed my eyes on her. "Of course Your Impe-- I mean, Solaris. Please help yourself." I sat down on one of the chairs. They talked about dresses, jewelries and boys our age that are popular nowadays.

"I really like His Imperial Highness Crown Prince Cyrprus Licht, he's so handsome! How he coldly rejects the noble ladies who confess to him is so cool! He's super good-looking, a prodigy and a kind prince! No wonder everyone likes him!" Alleria-ojou squealed in delight.

"I could say the same thing, even if he's my half-brother! Too bad he's a siscon!" Princess Helia agreed and drank from her cup.

Is this the common topic for girls? This is too cringey.

"Solaris, what are you looking for in a man?" Lady Alleria suddenly asked that I balked.

Me? Hmmm...

"He must be kind to everyone, like a masochist. He should know when to be proud and when to be humble. He should be smart and observant so he will know that I'm not okay when I say I am. He must be a gentlemen; he respects and waits for me when I still don't want out relationship to go forward. Lastly, he must be approved by Brother Licht." I replied that they clapped their hands in amazement.

"Whoa Solaris, your standards are quite high but I know just the one who fits your description. I don't know if His Imperial Highness approves of him." Lady Alleria stated. "He's my brother, Heinrey!!" She happily added that I wanted to vomit rainbow from my mouth.

"I don't know Lady Alleria, I consider him as my own brother so no. I forgot another thing, a guy should be ready to kill anyone who wants to hurt me." I beamed out a smile that they sweatdropped. "What? Villains are better than heroes you know! A hero would save the world first before you but a villain risks the safety of the world just for you."

They just looked at me strangely.

I'm not wrong, I am also a villainess so we fit each other perfectly!