Chapter 30: Adventurers' Guild (4)

***Cyrprus's Viewpoint***

I know it's just Sir Gentil being a man when he didn't take it easy on my sister. But what the f*ck?! How dare he hurt her to this extent?! This is me just overprotective, but I can't let him get away with this! I will beat some sense into him!

"What'll be your pseudonym, Your Imperial Highness?" Sir Gentil curiously asked. I looked at my weapon and a name caught my attention.

"Astre." I briefly replied while suppressing my bloodlust.

"Licht, are you serious? Don't do this, what'll Sol think about this?" We gazed at my sister and she had this amazed looked on her face that encouraged me.

I'll show her how cool her brother is! Just wait Solaris, I'll beat him for you!

"Sir Gentil, ready yourself!" A woman with bobcut brown hair with glasses on exclaimed from above the stadium. "Astre, the new tryout, ready yourself!" I nodded and gripped on the hilt. "Ready... set... go!!"

<Camouflage>

I made myself invisible and slowly approached the veteran adventurer. He looked at his left and right and I smirked. I suppressed my aura and killing intent completely to not reveal my location and went behind him.

<Voided Chains>

Shackles made from Void magic emerged from the ground and restrained him tightly. I augmented my feet with the same magic and kicked the back of his knees. The cracking of some bones echoed through the arena and the S-Class Adventurer groaned in pain.

"I never expected that the future Emperor of this empire could be this brutal!!" A female adventurer gasped in horror.

"I know, this much for injuring the Imperial Princess? What if someone kills Her Imperial Highness? Will the Crown Prince make the murderer experience the very definition of hell? I'd shiver just thinking about it!" A man beside her agreed.

<Scorching Inferno 1st Phase: Ignited Upsurge>

He murmured and broke my spell with blue fire around his body. The earth cracked under him and lava flowed out of it. It slowly crawled along and hardened on his body. When it cooled, it became a flawless diamond armor and he made eye contact with my unperceivable self.

W-Wait..! H-How did he..?

He disappeared in a blink of an eye leaving a trail of fire behind. He showed himself right in front of my eyes and swiftly punched my face with his fiery fist. My nose bled and I coughed out blood.

I know this... I read about it in the secret room of the Imperial Library only accessible to the Imperial Family. The last Archduke of the fallen Galaxian Empire... the unique power he wields that it takes the five Archdukes' power to defeat him. This is it...

There's no mistaking it, he's Archduke Feu Brûluria's direct descendant! Goddammit!

I clicked my tongue in frustration of the sudden realization. He continued to punch me on my stomach that saliva and blood came out of my mouth. I dropped my knees to the ground and struggled to breathe. I laughed weirdly.

"Hah, to think I was beaten by you..." I chuckled at myself. "Tell me, what's your identity? I know you're not from an ordinary family."

"I am Wilhelm Brasier diFuego Brûluria, Crown Prince of the hidden Brûlurian empire. I was sent here by my father to experience real battles and to ask the princess's hand in marriage." Solaris hurriedly rushed to our spot.

"What did you just say?" She asked in disbelief.

"I'm one of your possible marriage candidates."

"I-Impossible! How come father haven't told me about you?"

"Hey, I'm her 'real' fiancé so get lost." Deim cut in. "Sol, you'll choose me over him right?

"I-I don't know..! Why would I marry any one of you? I'm fine being alone." My sister coldly said.

To think that another idiot has come for Solaris, can't they just leave her alone?! I'm so sick of seeing their perverted faces with my sister. Do they think they are at least deserving of her love? Of. Course. Not.

A girl in expensive clothing suddenly arrived and hugged Solaris from behind.

"Hey Solaris, whatcha doing? Who is that guy?" She curiously asked as she tilted her head.

"Shh, he's one of those... you know!" Heinrey's sister shortly arrived.

"Solaris! And you..! Y-You're..! I can't believe this..! To actually meet the Brûlurian Crown Prince, this is insane!" Lady Alleria kept yelling in excitement and grabbed Helia's wrist. "Helia, he's the one I was talking about five years ago. You know..!" They signaled to each other and later calmed themselves. We just looked at them, dumfounded.

"Uhmm... guys?"--Solaris

"Sorry!! It's just..! We're his hugest fans!!"--Lady Alleria

"Yeah, we didn't even think of meeting him here! Thank goodness we stalked you, tee-hee."--Helia

Hugest... fans..?

"Your Imperial Highness, can you show us your real face? You know, the signs of the Brûlurian Imperial bloodline?"--Lady Alleria

He removed his bracelet that I didn't even notice was there. His eyes turned to peach-colored and his hair to fiery red with orange highlights.

"What do you think?" He asked proudly.