Chapter 15: Flashback (2)

That person who calls himself Randall enlarged the magic circle and a dark mist spread throughout the room. Captain Larks rushed to attack the Dark magician along with the Imperial knights but they all failed and were even severely wounded.

What should I do? What can I do as her brother? I should probably help but something's telling me that I shouldn't. I feel like I'll die if I even get a step closer to him.

"What do you want?!" My father inquired finally losing his temper at the sight of the massacre. Mr. Randall smirked at his remark.

"Now we're talking!" The Randall guy happily exclaimed and cleared his throat. "First, I want to have a kingdom of my own. I guess you could give me the Kingdom of Orycterapia or Persica. Second, name it Randallus and crown me as king there. Lastly, marry the Imperial Princess off to me when she turns seventeen. That is all."

"That's absurd, why would I give my Solaris to you? If you want to have ties with the Imperial Family, you can marry my other daughter Helia."

"Father!!"--Princess Helia

"Your Imperial Majesty!!"--Empress Consort Mathilde

"Huh? Did I ask you to object? You know that you can never afford to piss me off, the impact would be towards this girl." He was about to lick my sister's neck when my father knelt in front of him.

"Please, release her! I'll do anything you want, just don't do indecent things to her in public!" My father begged that I gritted my teeth in anger. "Mr. Randall, please! Please don't take my daughter away from me, you can take Helia instead. If you do, I can pass the Crown Prince title to you."

I'm sorry father, for being too useless to do anything to save her.

My sister suddenly bit his arm. She quickly ran and threw the doll I gave her to the magician's head to distract him. She continued to run and was about to hug me when she fainted. Her eyes closed and her petite body dropped to the bloody floor.

"Solaris!!" I shouted and swiftly ran to her position when the scythe stabbed the floor that stopped me on my tracks. "Solaris, stand up!!"

The magician expressed his amusement and snapped his fingers, teleporting my sister's unconscious body on his arms.

"I admit that she was a little bold, maybe I'll kill her right now. She can serve as an example to those who still oppose me."

"No!!!"

"Haha, as expected of her brother. Because of your hilarious face just now, I think torturing you slowly is better than instantly killing you. Listen up everyone..." Everyone looked at him in fear and contempt.

"From now on, the princess will never ever wake up. Whatever methods to do so will be in vain and even the Great Archmage won't be able to do anything. If you Helionthan bastards still won't agree to my terms, she will sleep for eternity." He declared that everyone expressed their concerns.

"Lord Amadeus, I ask you this as your lowly servant. Give me strength to curse the princess to sleep. This power-borrowing servant of yours will offer his life in exchange. Lord Amadeus, I call upon you! Curse this little princess!!" He spread out his arms and another magic circle appeared.

"No, stop!! Solaris!!" The only thing I could say as the room darkened and a golden light ascended through the ceiling from my sister's body. The Dark Magician Randall smirked for the last time and died just like that.

I rushed over my sister and my tears started to roll down my cheeks.

I'm sorry Solaris, your brother is really sorry. If only if I was stronger, I could've saved you. I'm sorry, I only stood by when that piece of shit tried to do inappropriate things to you. I'm really sorry, now I won't be able to see your warm smiles and laughs again.

I won't be able to cheer you up when you cry or frown.

I won't be able to help you up when you fall.

I won't be able to hear your chirpy voice again.

I won't be able to spend all of my time with you.

All the comforting words my sister told me flooded in my mind.

'You can do it brother, I know you can! You're my super cool brother after all!'

'Relax, it's not like it's the end of the world. Remember brother, I'm always here to cheer you up. Come play with me when you're tired from your princely duties.'

'I love you brother, you're the best! I knew I could count on you!'

'I might get tired from everything I do but I could never get tired of playing with you! Brother, you're one of the best things I have! Just seeing you makes me happy!'

'Sorry for waking you up but you were trembling and sweating so I got worried. If you have scary nightmares again, I'll wake you up from it. I'm always here for you so you could lean on me from time to time!'

'Don't cry brother, so please rest assured. I will never, ever leave you. You're my beloved older brother after all, I love you so much!'

'Brother, you will get a fever for overexerting yourself. Please don't make me worry, you're one-of-a-kind in this world so I can't bear to lose you. Brother, I'll help you ease your troubles!'

My parents rubbed my back while I cried my heart out.

"Licht, it's not your fault. We all know that there was nothing we could do, so please share your burden with us." My mother comforted me but it's useless.

"Son, don't keep your negative emotions to yourself. I'm the one to blame for this, I failed in protecting her even if I'm powerful enough to kill thousands. I'm so sorry I couldn't save her, it's all my fault. I failed as a father and as an Emperor." My father said sadly.

'Don't be such a crybaby brother, remember that you're the future Emperor! It's not your fault.'

"Solaris, is that you??" I asked in disbelief. I wiped the tears off my face.

'Yep, it's me. This is the last time I'll be able to communicate with you, so listen carefully. I love you brother, I love father and mother as well so tell them that. I love everyone so please be the one to comfort them. After I end this transmission, I hope everyone including you could forget about me and start a new life.

I must've been a pain to all of you that even you gave me the cold shoulder. Sorry for annoying you all the time, so I think you're now at ease that I'm no longer with you. Thank you so much for everything, I hope I can see you again even in another life. I love you all so much, you're my priceless treasures in this world after all. Thank you and... goodbye...'

A bright light covered our vision and when we opened our eyes, all the wounded and injured people were healed. The guests have calmed down and the damaged parts of the room were restored. My tears were washed away and the blood on her body and on the floor disappeared.

Solaris...