Chapter 24: Escapade (3)

***Solaris's Viewpoint***

After the incident, I bought a house with some land and gave the property to the orphans. I also gave them extra money to buy some furniture, eating utensils, gardening tools and vegetable seeds. They were about to return the money I gave them when I hurriedly said goodbye and left.

I went back to the establishment where I found them and bought the whole store. The owner was a bit surprised but when I showed him the crest of the Imperial family, he had no choice but to give the Certificate of Ownership.

"Pleasure doing business with you, sir." I happily stated.

"Likewise, Your Imperial Highness. But may I ask about how sudden the events had transpired? It is but a mere curiosity, please overlook my insolence."

"It is nothing personal, I just wanted to do this out of... curiosity also." I replied with a business smile.

I just did this out of revenge, you just ignored the fact that you just lived your life in luxury while the children outside were struggling to afford even a single piece of bread! Well, this is partly the fault of the rulers of this empire.

A huffing noble lady angrily barged in and dared to glare at me. I just held myself back and gave the VIP seat to her disrespectful self. The previous store owner flinched but I narrowed my eyes on him to shush him.

"Mr. Douglas, how dare you bring another lady in my special room?! Have you lost your f*cking mind?! I'll make sure my father would ruin your store!!" She angrily said pushing her overcurled hair to her back in arrogance.

"But Your Ladyship!"

"Shut up you piece of shit, you really are useless!! I told you to never bring anyone here but me, did you already forget that? Or did you forget that my father is the Marquis?!"

She has quite a mouth for a noble lady? She's quite daring, I'll give her that.

"And you!!" She pointed her finger at me that Mr. Douglas flinched. I looked around and innocently pointed myself that annoyed her even more.

"M-Me..?"

"Yes you!! You ignorant bitch, how dare you suck up to him?! Don't you know that I'm Lord Heinrey's fiancée and the future Grand Duchess?! Such impudence!!"

She really couldn't recognize me, well I'm still wearing my cloak right now. Maybe I'll use the camouflage spell taught by Sir Bon.

I changed my hair color to brown and my eye to black. The Marquis's daughter forcefully pulled my cloak down to reveal myself.

"Mr. Douglas, she's just a f*cking commoner!!" She angrily spat that he trembled while I snorted that fueled her burning rage even more.

"What's funny?! Let's see if you can keep laughing when I graze your face!! I'll let you realize your true place, you lowlife!!" She was about to slap me when a hand caught her wrist. When we turned our heads, we saw an infuriated expression on my brother's face.

"What are you doing in broad daylight, Lady Mauvais?" Brother Licht asked that she shivered.

"T-This is..! I-I was just punishing her for disrespecting a Marquis's daughter..! Y-Yes, t-that's right..!" She stammered and pulled her arm back.

"Are you taking me for a fool?! I saw all that has happened!! If I hadn't stopped you, your slap might've left a scar on my sister!!" Brother Licht exclaimed and aimed the edge of his sword at her neck. She on the other hand slowly processed the information.

Hehe, this is fun!

"S-Sister?! Don't tell me... is she the Imperial Princess?!" She asked to make sure so I changed my hair and eye color back. She knelt down in shame and fear.

"That's why I told you to tell me when you want to go out, that way everyone can recognize and never even try to disrespect you." He hugged me. "Shouldn't you apologize and beg for your life? For what you have done earlier, you even deserve a death penalty." Brother smirked that she bowed her head so low that she almost kissed the floor.

"Forgive my rudeness Your Imperial Highnesses, this girl didn't know that Your Imperial Highness was using some kind of magic to hide Your Imperial Highness's identity." She apologized so brother sheathed his sword.

Looking at this incredible sight, I suddenly want to tease her.

"Just now; you called me an 'ignorant bitch', a 'f*cking commoner' and a 'lowlife'. Are you sure we can forgive you after all those names you called me?" I asked with a smirk that her head looked up to face me. Enraged, Brother Licht grabbed her neck.

"How dare you tell her those dirty words with your dirty mouth?! Did you really think that you can trample on anyone whenever you feel like it?! Well, guess what? I'll strip you and your family off your title and give you to slave traders!!" Tears started to roll down her face.

"Please Your Imperial Highness, spare us..! I swear on my father's name, I shall never do anything rash ever again..!" The commoners flocked outside the glass window of the store to see what's happening. Five maids, four knights and a man in his forties in expensive clothes intruded.

"Who dares to hurt my daug-- Your Imperial Highnesses, I greet the stars of the Helionthan Empire! Please feel free to punish my daughter as you see fit." He declared and knelt.

"B-But f-father..! I'm your daughter, shouldn't you defend me in this situation?!"

"Shut up!! Forgive me Your Imperial Highnesses, I never educated her to do this. She must've been blinded with pride just because she's my daughter."

"I know Marquis, it's obvious just seeing her rude behavior earlier. Though I can't help but doubt your words because after all, she's your daughter and it's your duty to teach her the right from the wrong." I said that he beamed out a smile.

"Thank you Your Imperial Highness, this lowly Marquis shall honor what you said!"

Being a princess isn't that bad!

"Father told me to be benevolent at all times so I'll ignore her mistakes for now, but there'll be no next time. Lady Mauvais, Lord Heinrey will send you a request letter to break off your engagement tomorrow. It seems that you lack the qualities of the Grand Duchess, but this is the end of my patience. Also, never approach this store again. I'm now the new owner, farewell."

"Thank you Your Imperial Highness." She said and curtsied. "Endless glory to the stars of the empire, the Imperial Princess and the Crown Prince!" The father and daughter duo greeted us and we walked out through the door.