Chapter 49: Becoming a Commoner (2)

"I didn't feel the need to. Besides, I know you won't kill me so recklessly like that. You probably planned to ambush me when I'm alone and dump my corpse somewhere inconspicuous." I blankly stated that he balked. "What?"

"H-How did you..!"

"It's obvious on your face, you idiot!"

"You're scary Miss, I'll give you that. To think a girl like you exists..." He trailed off that I couldn't help but chuckle at his lexis.

"Me, scary?"

"Yep, you even know how to curse. It's too surreal!"

"You're exaggerating, Sir?"

"Ethan, call me Ethan."

"Sir Ethan, can you now leave Edna alone? I'll pay you if I have to."

"No need, getting overwhelmed by someone like you is enough. Well then, bye!" He swiftly left so Edna exhaled in relief. She held her chest while steadily breathing so I just watched her calming herself down.

Now that that guy is gone, it's time to eat! I think I haven't eaten lunch yet...

"Edna, could I ask you for an errand?" She nodded in determination. "I have these dresses with me and I'd appreciate it if you sell all of it. Can you do that for me?"

"Yes, of course!"

"Thank you, you can also take one if you'd like!" She opened the bag and her eyes sparkled seeing my clothes.

Well, it's the dresses I wore as the Imperial Princess.

"Zena, these are..!"

"Yes, my friend who was a noble gave me these as a token of appreciation for helping her with something."

"Can I really take one? I bet one of the dresses cost as much as a hundred kronas!"

Wait what? It's that expensive? Wait... if I have fifteen of them then that means I could have 1,500 kronas altogether!

"Yep, it's my gift for you. You are my first female friend here after all." She excitedly placed the bag on her shoulder.

"Thank you!!" She hurriedly left so I closed all the windows.

<Mien Shift>

My eyes turned back to gold and I removed the wig on my head. My hair fell on my shoulders and I scratched my scalp due to itch.

'Gad, are you still there?'

'Of course I am, are you asking about something from me again?'

'Yep, can you change my hair and eye color with your powers?'

'Why? Is your spell lacking in details?'

'Nope, I just wanna take some precautions when going in a building enchanted by a magic-sealing spell. Someone could find out about my identity if that happens! Can you do it for me?'

'Of course I can, I'm omnipotent after all!'

'Also, do you know what happened to the sea near this town?'

'Hehe, yes?'

'Please tell me!'

'Right, uhmm... you know that you have divine powers right? Mana fluctuates throughout your body, that's why you have no scars or callouses. Also, your hair was abnormally long because of it. Because you cut it and even threw it at the ocean, it created some sort of curse turning that body of water into a different form.'

'I see, thanks for letting me know!'

'But what color would you like your hair and eyes look?'

'My hair will be black while my eyes will be purple.'

'Okay!'

<Personal Storage>

I put my wig and the cloak inside my magical space and plopped myself to the bed.

I finally left the imperial palace, a dream come true! But why do I feel so empty? It feels like the other half of my heart is missing...

"Miss Zena?" A deep voice of a man called out.

"Yes Sir Xander?"

"I heard that there was a ruckus here earlier so I hurried to come here. Are you hurt anywhere?"

"I'm fine, don't worry!"

"He's a top knight of Baron Tournesol so I was worried."

"Could you repeat that Sir Xander?"

"He's a top knight of Baron Tournesol and the son of his close aide. Is there something wrong?"

"Nope, everything's fine!"

"Can I come in?"

"Please wait for a moment!" I hastily changed into a white dress with arm-length sleeves and knee-length skirt. I wore a brown leather vest over it and tied the string into a ribbon and heeled boots that only reaches to my ankles.

I opened the door and saw the mercenary wearing a white polo with its first two buttons undone. He has a bouquet of sunflowers in his hand and flashed an amorous smile at me.

"Hello Sir Xander!" I smiled innocently back at him.

"Hi Miss Zena, would you like to go on a date with me?"

"W-Wait what..? I don't quite follow..."

"I want you to go on a date with me, is that okay?"

What is he spouting now?

"I don't know, I'm not very fond of going out. You can ask my new friend Edna instead!"

"No, I want to go with you. Are you busy with something perhaps?"

"O-Of course not, it's just that I promised her that we'll spend our time together. I'll tell her to postpone it if that's what you want."

"Please do that."

H-Huh? Why is he persistent?