Chapter 37: The Archmage (3)

***Deimos's Viewpoint***

It's really satisfying to tease Sol; her face turns red and she stammers. Too bad her brother is on the way or I might actually do something... ahem!

When Licht scolded her sister for the first time, I wanted to take all the blame. It's because Sol does what she says. She never breaks her word so I kinda abused that personality of hers. She got violently dragged away by her brother and left me.

What now? Will she hate me or her brother? Maybe both of us?

I was just thinking of more ways to woo her when my little brother arrived wearing his stoic expression as always. I just ruffled his hair when he slapped my hand and stepped backwards.

"Hello brother, it's been days since we last met."

"Yeah, what brings you here?"

"Nothing much, any progress regarding the princess?" I shook my head. "Are you really that weak in that suit? I'll give you a year and if you still fail, I'll steal her away from you."

"Don't say that, I have a tiny progress already!!"

"I can still do it, we're the same age after all. Bye brother, good luck!" He passed through an azure portal and disappeared. I was about to go back to my palace in Lunaria when Licht came together with Brasier, Éclair, Terre and Sombre. They looked anxious that made me gulp in tension.

"Why are your expressions like that, did something happen?"

"Solaris disappeared!"--Licht

"What?!"

"Fluctuations of mana were discovered from the knights' training ground near Sunni Palace. They were certainly from the Imperial Princess and another powerful person."--Sombre

"And he wasn't just an ordinary mage..."--Terre

"Who is it?" I curiously asked.

"It's... the Great Archmage Betelgeuse." I bit my lower lip.

Sir Betelgeuse is not only famous for being powerful, he was also known for his youthful appearance that every girl who sees him faints. What if Sol falls for him? That's impossible, he's already more than a hundred years old. Surely she won't marry an old man!

"Let's save her!!" I roared and we all teleported ourselves in front of the Tower of Magic.

Brasier asked where the Sol is and he was just triggered instead. They fought but the Brûlurian prince got beaten. So Éclair fought him and the Great Archmage showed his famous weapon, the Arc-en-Ciel. I shuddered at just the powerful aura it emits.

When Éclair got beaten as well, a familiar powerful holy light appeared and healed him.

Sol!!

I teleported inside the tower.

"What are you doing here?!"

"Saving you."

"I don't need saving."

"Says who?"

The mages looked at us with bright faces. They then bowed before me.

"Endless glory to the star of Lunaria, Your Imperial Highness Crown Prince Deimos Rocher diRiviére Lunaria!!" They greeted.

"It's a great honor to finally meet the male lead of 'Mystical Romance'!" An unknown girl exclaimed that confused me.

"'Mystical Romance'?"

"Yes Your Imperial Highness, it's a popular nove--!" She got cut off when Sol hurriedly covered her mouth with her hands and her face reddened.

"Don't believe that nonsense Deim, it's nothing..!"

Thanks to the girl, I once again saw this cute side of Sol. Hehe, I mentally thank you.

"Oh? I'll look it up later." I grabbed her wrist. "For now, let's go. We don't want to worry Licht and the others." I said and brought her to everyone's location.

Sol and Sir Betelgeuse looked at each other and even smiled that annoyed me. He gave me an 'I win' look that fueled my anger more.

This guy... now I have another rival. Sigh, when is she gonna stop courting other men?

"I already got her so let's go?" I said and we headed straight to Al Sol Palace. When we arrived, the sun and the moon of Heliontha greeted us with worried expressions. Sol cried her heart out while hugging them.

"I thought you weren't coming mom, dad..!"

"We said we'd be late." The Emperor corrected her that the whole family laughed together.

I locked my eyes with Sol and she gave me a first genuine smile that an imaginary arrow was shot to my heart.

She's so cute!

"We'll leave now Your Imperial Majesties!!" I and the other Crown Princes said in unison and left the beautiful scene.

I need to find out more about this novel... 'Mystical Romance'... based on its title, it's definitely Princess Helia and Lady Alleria's work...

To think that they would do this, what did they put in the book by the way? Seeing Sol's reaction, it's definitely about us.

I unconsciously smirked that scared my personal aide.

"What amused you, Your Imperial Highness?"

"Nothing, just got reminded of something."