Chapter 51: Becoming a Commoner (4)

"I-I-I'm s-sorry..!" The waitress stammered.

"Am I still a 'bitch' in your eyes?" She shook her head vigorously.

"N-No M-Miss, s-sorry for i-insulting y-you..!"

"I forgive you so can we order some food please? Everyone, get back to your seats." I coldly stated and they all followed.

'I expected that foolish girl to be killed though...'

'She should've at least wounded her...'

'And that bloodlust earlier, it was so scary that I thought I'd see hell itself!'

'Yeah, how could such a frail girl like her have that? To think it was so strong, I bet she's killed many people!'

'You shouldn't judge a book by its cover...'

Hey guys, do you intend to let me hear everything? I haven't killed anyone though, at least it's what I remember!

"Miss Zena?"

"Yes?"

"Should we go to my office instead? My subordinates like giving me food!"

"I guess?" He did the same thing earlier to me and we've arrived at a familiar reception hall.

Was that... chantless teleportation magic? He's as talented as Deim and the others so I shouldn't get on his bad side.

"Welcome back Guild Master!" The people inside greeted him with a bow. "What has made you come back this early? Didn't the date go well?" Another man with light brown hair and amber eyes asked that annoyed me a little.

"It didn't so I brought her here instead." I tilted my head from behind him that they gasped.

"Are you really that girl? You're so beautiful, no wonder the Guild Master likes you."

"Do you want to shut up or I'll make you?" He gulped and then chuckled.

"I didn't know you're a joker Miss." I grabbed his sword from its sheath on his waist and pointed its tip to his mouth. "H-Hey, I wasn't making fun of you..! I'm sorry..!"

"I forgive you but in return, you'll give me this." I held it to my direction that he wore a confused expression. "What's wrong? Didn't you beg for my forgiveness?"

"I uhmm... this is a gift from Sir Xander so I can't..!"

"Okay!" I beamed out a smile that his mouth was agape. "Sir Xander, let's go? I cancelled my outing with Edna just for this you know."

"You're the boss!" He then lead the way to his office. The farthest furniture from the door, the table and desk, were surrounded by towering stacks of paper worse than the last time. Some were scattered on the floor and a splash of ink was evident at the corner of the room.

"Uh... what happened here..?" He snapped his fingers and the room got cleaner.

"Sorry about that..." He ineptly apologized while scratching the back of his head.

"Okay..?"

"Master, I've brought some sweets and tea!" A chirpy voice of a woman said from behind the door so he opened it. "Here!" She added as she handed the handle of the trolley of foods. She hurriedly left and then we ate.

"So, what now?" I broke the silence after a few minutes.

"Let's talk about you."

"I'll pass."

"What? You're so boring! I just wanted to know more about you."

"Zena Altgeld, fifteen. I'm from Girandole, my parents are now dead." I replied in a monotone voice.

"Any hobbies?"

"Killing annoying people." He chuckled at my response.

"You're interesting. I'll make you the Guild's muse!"

"Wait what? Are you insane?!"

"Maybe I am." He smirked that my face burned up so I shook my head to calm myself. "Honestly, I already fell for you from the moment you stepped in our establishment. I couldn't contain my heart's throbbing of excitement."

"I'm sorry Sir Xander, I... already like someone. I don't know if he's just playing with my feelings but I still like him."

"I know, it's obvious on your face. Don't worry, I'll wait for you to open up to me even if it takes a long time. I'll even make you forget all about him."

This guy... why would he do so much? What did Deim feel when I kept rejecting him even if he did everything for me? How did he endure getting his heart broken over and over again? Deim... I'm sorry. I didn't realize how much you cared for me...

"Sir Xander... it's okay. Anyways, can I go now? Edna must be worried now."

"Of course, let me know if you change your mind about joining our guild."

"Okay!" I beamed out a smile and left the room.

So that's why I felt my heart empty, I miss him. I miss Deim so much even though I've told myself multiple times that I'll never fall in love with him. Hah, to think that he's successful in making me his. I commend him for his perseverance... all it took was five years, haha...

"Miss Zena, how was it? Do you think you could hit it off?" The amber-eyed man from earlier asked in anticipation.

"I... don't know..." I mumbled. "He's too good for me so he deserves so much better..."

"But you're meant for each other! He really likes you, he kept asking us about the information about you!"

"N-No, I have feelings for someone else... someone I won't see ever again..." I lowered my head.

"I understand Miss Zena, take care on your way..."

"T-Thanks..!" I meekly grinned and walked away.

Deim, you deserve someone better than me. I hope you'll find the one meant for you 'cause it's not me. You'll forget about me by spending time with Borealis and then, your memories of me will just become history. Our history... our past... ah, how depressing. Don't worry, I'll manage to move on. I'll get accustomed here and never haunt you even in your dreams ever again.

I... love you...

If only I realized sooner, none of us would've been hurt. If only I wasn't as dense when it comes to romance, we would've been happy now. Sigh, these regrets are rapidly eating my insides. It's gnawing away at my heart and my limbs are trembling.

I feel like a hand is tightly seizing my heart so my breath is intermittently getting heavier.