Chapter 55: Taken to Lunaria (2)

"Your Imperial Highness?" The Prime Minister called him.

"Oh yes, tell them to standby. My father mustn't find out about this or your body will be found floating in a river." The Lunarian Prime Minister gulped.

"Certainly, Your Imperial Highness. Should I leave now?" Deim nodded so he hurriedly left the library and then silence reigned. I just gazed at him as he stroked my furry head multiple times. My animal instincts got ahead of me that I purred unconsciously.

"Sol, did I just hear you purr? Do you enjoy my company that much?"

'No, I didn't! I... it wasn't me! It was because you turned me into a cat..!'

Why am I forcing my way out of this argument? Have I stooped so low already that I'm easily bothered by trivial things?

"You know, I can turn you back into a human anytime I want. Do you wanna try?" He suggested with a smirk that I blushed passionately.

'Y-You pervert! Do you know what you're saying or do you really want to tease me that much?! When I get the chance, I'll make sure to beat you up so much that the wounds will leave some scars!'

"If you get the chance. Sol, do you know that I have the upperhand in this situation? I was kinda hurt when you rejected me so many times but now it seems that gad gave me some compensation. I'm glad." He flashed an amorous grin that I blushed even more.

'Think what you like! One of this days, I will get outta here and avenge my shame!'

"Ah, you're just too adorable Sol! Now I wanna change you back into a human so I could kiss you!"

'Let go of me, you pervert!!'

We heard a few knocks from the door that got me curious.

Who might that me? Is it another high-ranking noble from Lunaria? Or is it a spy that Deim sent to watch over me when I was still at the palace?

"Your Imperial Highness, are you still there? Marchioness Couler is here to see you!"

"Yes, let her in."

A beautiful chocolate-haired woman probably in her twenties with emerald eyes came in wearing a flamboyant sea green gown. She smiled brightly like a woman who saw the love of her life that I saw blooming flowers all over her.

"Endless glory to the bright star of this empire, Your Imperial Highness Crown Prince Deimos diRiviére Lunaria! This lady wants to talk to you about our engagement."

Wait what? Deim is already engaged?! So that means... he's playing with me.

"Watch your mouth Marchioness, I already told you that I already have someone in mind." Deim sternly said that she silently shrieked.

"I apologize Your Imperial Highness, it's just that my father was terribly excited about your response."

"Why don't you get engaged with Duke Ruisseau instead? The only girl I want to marry is Imperial Princess Solaris, no one else. Now, please refrain from bringing up my engagement. I'd really appreciate it if you stop interrupting my time with my pet."

"Understood Your Imperial Highness." Her gaze shifted to me. "May I know her name?"

"It's Sol, I named her after my beloved." I blushed at his notion.

Seriously?! Why are you the only one that can make my heart flutter like this?

"I see. Well Your Imperial Highness and Princess Sol, I must get going now. Endless glory to the future sun and the dwarf star of Lunaria!" She bid us goodbye and left after taking a look at me for a sixth of a minute.

"So, shall we eat now?"

"Meow!" He carried me all the way to the vast dining hall and about thirty seats were positioned in the soft-edged rectangular table. He placed me on one of the seats with a small foam to support me and then he sat beside me. He clapped his hands twice and ten butlers arrived each holding two golden platters.

"Sol, are the foods to your liking?"

"Meow?" I tilted my head like how a normal cat would.

"Come on, just tell me."

'It's fine, hungry people will not distinguish the scrumptious dishes from the awful ones!'

"But, can you eat all of those properly? I'm gonna laugh just imagining you eat with spoons on your paws!"

'Hmph, if only I could scratch that uselessly handsome face of yours... anyways, can you change me back?'

"Okay." He snapped his fingers and my frontal paws slowly became slender arms. My fur gradually disappeared and my hind legs became that of a human's. My golden blonde hair fell on my shoulders and a blue nightgown covered my body.

"Better." I muttered hoarsely under my breath. We dug in while I felt some stares at my back. I turned to its direction and saw the young butler earlier looking at me in surprise that I chuckled casually.

That stare must mean 'I'm sorry for disrespecting you earlier, Your Imperial Highness!' haha, so funny!

"Why are you laughing? You dare think of other man in front of me?"

"Your butler's expression is just too funny. Besides, do I have any other men you can think of?"

"Oh right, I killed anyone who dared to even look at you." He shrugged his shoulders that I stiffened.

So he killed the other Crown Princes? But there wasn't any rumor about their deaths.

"What does that mean?" I shook my head. "Nevermind that, does Brother Licht and the others know that I'm here?"

"Why would I tell them that? It'll mess up my longtime plans..." He sniggered to himself that creeped me out.

"Hey Deim, you're so creepy! You didn't tell them?!"

"Yep, you can thank me later."

"Deim!?"

"Calm down Sol, in fact I'm gonna send them a letter right now..." He trailed off that I suppressed my bloodlust.

He can be so childish sometimes.