Chapter 54: Taken to Lunaria (1)

A familiar guy came in and carried my chubby self in the air. He tightly hugged me and squeezed my face with his. He stroke my head and the two maids scurried away.

"Hey Sol." He briefly said and smirked that a vein popped on my forehead. I tried to scratch his face but he managed to distance my claw from it. "Oh come on, you could've at least showed me a bit of gratitude for bringing you to a decent place."

"Meow!!"

Curse this cat body!!

"Aww, you're angry? My cute little kitty is angry!" He squealed that annoyed me.

"Meow, meow... meow!!"

"Haha, so cute. Sol, I know about your telepathic ability. You can use it to communicate with me."

'Fine, happy?'

"Of course not, your real voice is so much better than your voice in my mind!"

'Hmph, you're really having fun with this aren't you? Hah, to think that you're this messed up already...'

"Sol, you decided to leave us just like that. What was I supposed to do? Royal Princess Helia and Lady Alleria tried to go to Tournesol by ship but the sea was already solidified. I attempted to teleport myself straight there but the barrier interrupted me."

'Deim, I'm not the Imperial Princess. Just get engaged with Borealis so you could be the next Emperor like you always wanted. I just wanna live my life peacefully without any shackles from being an imperial.'

"So that means you're an Imperial Princess too? Sol, why did you leave? Why did you give the seat to her? I can sense her rotten nature so you have to tell me the reason."

'Impossible, she's the Imperial Princess after all.'

"Sol, stop degrading yourself! I know she's your twin sister!"

'How did you-- it doesn't matter, I'm no longer a princess so you should stop associating yourself with me.'

"I never approached you because you were useful, I did because I like you since five years ago! Sol, my affection turned into love and when you decided to leave me, it turned into obsession. You can't stop me so you should just answer this question. Do you love me or not?"

'D-Deim, I..!'

"I know, you'll say you hate me like you always did whenever I asked you." He sighed in dejection. "I just... I wanted you to face your feelings, you can't always disregard it you know. Sol, I love you. I love you so much that it hurts just seeing you leave my sight. Why can't you love me too?"

'D-Deim, that's not what I wanted to say. I... actually... I--'

"Your Imperial Highness, the Prime Minister is waiting for you in the library. Shall I send him home or tell him to wait for you?"

"Okay, I'm going right now. Sol, tell me later!" He stood up and was about to get out when my stomach grumbled so he stopped on his tracks. He gazed at me that my face flushed in embarrassment and carried me in his arms as he went through the door.

"Your Imperial Highness, may I ask about the cat?" I gritted my teeth when I heard the young butler.

"Ask away but this time, refer to it as 'her'." He bowed respectfully at Deim.

"Uhmm... are you gonna bring her along the meeting?"

"Of course, right Sol?"

"Meow!" I agreed.

He really thinks that I'm just a normal dumb cat that doesn't know anything.

"Understood. I'll lead you there, Your Imperial Highness." He stated and we went to a gigantic double oaken doors with platinum door knobs. The butler opened the said doors and we saw an elderly man probably in his early fifties with grayish black hair and garnet eyes.

"Endless glory to the future sun of Lunaria, Your Imperial Highness Crown Prince Deimos Rocher diRiviére Lunaria!"

"Thank you Prime Minister, you may return to your seat."

Deim and the old man sat in opposite sides and the latter stared at me in wonder.

"Your Imperial Highness, why are you holding a cat? Surely, the palace hadn't loosen its security?"

"Watch your words, this is not just a cat! Sol, did his words hurt you in any way?" The Prime Minister stared at me once again and widened his eyes. He knelt down on the floor while his arms and back were shivering in fear.

"I'm sorry Your Imperial Highness, I failed to recognize the renowned Imperial Princess and Saintess of Heliontha!" He exclaimed.

"Meow?" I tilted my head.

"If not for my ignorance, you wouldn't have been disrespected. It is quite obvious that only the Helionthan Imperial Family has golden hair and eyes."

"Meow, meow..." I patted his shoulder with my paw.

"Sol, that's enough!"

"Meow!" I agreed willingly.

I never thought that undermining a person's pride could be fun.

"Your Imperial Highness Crown Prince Deimos, the 100,000 knights that you requested has arrived. Shall I give the order to attack now?" I looked at Deim.

'Deim, what is he talking about? Who are you gonna attack? Why are you doing this?'

'Some rebels who is in Imperial Princess Borealis's faction is waging war on Lunaria for declining her proposal of marriage to me.'

'B-But..!'

He patted my head and smiled lovingly that I breathed in relief.

'Okay, I'm on your side. So what's your plan?'

'I wanna announce to the Helionthan and Lunarian people about our engagement. My people already like you so they'll never object. As for your people, I already gained their favor.'

'But Deim, are you sure it's gonna work? I'm already stripped off of my title so I'm no longer qualified to be the Crown Princess. Borealis and the Empress Consort will use that little chance to object.'

'Sol, didn't you say that you're on my side? Just trust me on this one.'

'I will, but it's too embarrassing..! Deim, I..!'

'I already know what you're gonna say so hush for now. You have to save it for the public to hear.'