Chapter 53: Commoner Life (2)

"I agree."

Platinum blond hair and twinkling but sharp sapphire eyes...

"Endless glory to the bright star of Lunaria, Your Imperial Highness Crown Prince Deimos Rocher diRiviére Lunaria!" I greeted him and bowed. "It's such an honor to be in your presence."

"Oh-ho, I didn't expect someone to recognize me."

"Y-You're the Lunarian Crown Prince?!" Edna immediately bowed. "I'm sorry for not recognizing you, Your Imperial Highness..!"

"It's alright, Miss. In fact, can you refrain from talking to me formally? I snuck out from the palace so my knights' order must be looking for me now. Can you do me a favor?"

"Of course..!"

"How about you, the one with the purple dress?"

"Certainly, Your Imperial Highness." I blankly replied and then other girls who had their own makeover arrived. We gathered and the heart of the town was full of people. Some wore their usual clothing while the others wore formal attire for the occasion.

I didn't expect everyone to celebrate, I thought that only a few follows the old tradition.

"Good noon everyone! Today, we're gonna hold the main event. Candidates, move to the stage so we can start!" Sir Xander's right-hand man announced using a voice-amplification device and we followed. About ten ladies including me lined up on the front.

"This event is dedicated for the goddess of fertility, Ellissandra. We'll search for the next Ellissandra and whoever wins will have a reward!"

"Excuse me Sir Allen, what's the prize?" A girl asked from the farthest left side wearing a brown dress full of frills.

"A date with none other than the Crown Prince of Lunaria!!" The audience applauded while my fellow contestants clapped their hands in exhilaration.

What the heck?! So he's here to date a beautiful girl? I see, you've become a Casanova already.

The host asked us to introduce ourselves and after the six ladies, it was finally my turn.

Should I pretend to be a cute girl next door?

"Hello everyone!" I said in a chirpy voice that their faces reddened. "It's me, Zena Altgeld. I'm fifteen and I like confectioneries! I'm also an animal lover, please take care of me!" I showed them a bright smile that their mouths were wide agape while Deim just stared at me.

"Thank you Miss Zena, next!" Sir Allen announced and the last three girls followed. After fifteen minutes, the host finally received an envelope from the crowd and cleared his throat. He took a deep breath and opened the paper. "The new Ellissandra is..!"

Some drum rolls echoed through the plaza. The audience held their breath in anticipation while the Lunarian Crown Prince got himself on the stage.

"It's Miss Zena Altgeld!!" He happily shouted so the people of Tournesol clapped their hands and said their hurrahs. I just blanked out in front of the ecstatic crowd then Deim gave me a bouquet of sunflowers. He smiled at me that I couldn't help but blush.

For half a year, I finally saw his smile again. But I know it's just lip service, he only wore an amorous expression when he spent his time with me while I was still the Imperial Princess. I know that he only enticed me so I'd marry him and he'll become the Emperor of Lunaria with the backing of Heliontha.

"Congratulations Miss Zena!"

"I am honored, Your Imperial Highness." I curtly replied and lowered my head.

"Shall we go now?"

"We shall." He offered his hand so I took it. He teleported us at the entrance of Goût Restaurant and we seated ourselves in an empty table. Five waiters arrived and brought different kinds of food and hurriedly left as soon as they put the sustenance on the table.

I folded my hands and prayed on my mind. After a minute, I opened my eyes and saw Deim staring at me intently.

"What's the matter, Your Imperial Highness? Is the food not to your liking?"

"Oh no, it's okay. I was just reminded of something..." He replied in a reassuring manner and held some eating utensils on his hands.

"Okay..?" I looked at the food on my plate and folded my hands once again. "Bon appétit!" I happily stated. After drinking some juice from the wineglass, I suddenly felt dizzy. I felt the world being flipped upside down so I massaged my temple.

What's happening to me? Come to think of it, Deim didn't drink a drop from his glass. Did he perhaps... poison me?

"Are you okay Miss Zena? Should I bring you to a clinic?" He worriedly asked.

"I'm fine Your Imperial Highness, I just pulled an all-nighter." I reassured him.

It can't be, he won't gain anything from a commoner like me unless... he already knew my true identity from the beginning. Dammit, he really knew.

I slowly lost consciousness and drifted away to dream land.

"... take care of her or you'll be scolded by His Imperial Highness..!" I heard an unknown voice so I opened my droopy eyes.

"But I don't want to..! It was never mentioned in the poster that I'll take care of a filthy animal like that..!"

Filthy animal, you say?

"Shh, someone might hear you!" The first voice of a maid scolded the other. "It's a pet of His Imperial Highness so we should take care of her!"

P-Pet..?

I tried to talk but all that came out was a whimper of a cat.

Who was that?

"Meow..?"

"Now you woke it up!" Woman no. 1 whispered in annoyance and went in front of me. "Hello kitty, this maid will take care of you." A raven-haired woman wearing a blue maid uniform said.

"Meow..?"

"Yes, yes, this maid's name is Sof. The one with me is Lynn." She pointed at herself and then at the brown-haired woman. "Let's bath you first!" She then carried me with ease to the bathroom.

She washed me in miniature tub and covered me with a towel. She dried me with the cloth after putting me in front of the mirror. I gasped as I saw my peculiar self and froze as the information was processed in my head.

Oh shit, I'm a cat?! How did this happen?! What kind of potion did I drink?! Ugh, that prince!!

I now have fluffy golden blonde fur and golden cat eyes. My body is chubby and I have short legs. After I completely dried, they brushed and perfumed my fur and tied a blue satin ribbon on my fat neck.

"Is she done?" A familiar masculine voice asked.