Chapter 31: Going Back Home (1)

This is bad!! What if Solaris falls head over heels for him?

"I see. Guild Master, what's my rank?"--Solaris

"Come on Solaris, don't you think he's dreamy?"--Helia

"Yep, he is the hidden character after all!"--Alleria

Hidden what?

"Aurore, you're A-Class and Astre, you're S-Class. Congratulations!" Everyone cheered for us after the guild master's announcement. "Your Adventurer's ID will be given tomorrow."

"Sol, let's go?"--Deim

"Yep. Brother?" I nodded and she rushed to my direction. "Let's go! Mom and dad promised to have dinner with us so I'm looking forward to it. Deim, wanna come along?"

Why did she invite that perverted idiot?

"Of course, I'd like to meet my future in-laws." He replied with a smirk that she furrowed her eyebrows. She shrugged to his words by shaking her head. One by one, we three teleported to the Imperial Palaces.

After I fixed myself up, I headed straight to the refectory of Al Sol Palace and saw my sister with the Lunarian Crown Prince. I frowned at the sight yet I still managed to hide my infuriation.

"Brother!!" She happily exclaimed that I grinned at her childish behavior.

I hope she stays like this forever...

"Solaris... and Deim." I bitterly emphasized his name. He sniggered that annoyed me even more. We took a seat and seconds seemed like hours of silence.

"Brother, are they not coming? It'll be our first get-together dinner for a year." She sadly asked that didn't hide her disappointment. A maid suddenly arrived and bowed at her.

"Endless glory to the stars of Heliontha and Lunaria! This maid wants to report about Their Imperial Majesties. It seems that they'll be late for dinner so they advised you to finish first. That is all, endless glory to the stars of the two great empires!" She swiftly left.

"I'm sorry Solaris..." The only thing that I could say. I saw her holding back her tears but as soon as she locked eyes with me, she sullenly smiled that ached my heart.

"It's okay, I'm sure they have a good reason for this. Let's eat?" Three butlers brought silver platters of full-course meals for us. They left so we started to eat.

"Licht, do you really wanna become an adventurer? You know that you have tons of paperwork just being the Crown Prince and General of the Imperial Knights."

"I know okay, but I'll finish the week's worth of it tonight. I've also finished the plans for subduing those filthy rebels!" I gazed at my disheartened little sister. " Solaris, do you wanna go outside for a bit after this?"

"No, it's fine. I planned on sleeping early tonight, thanks anyway." She finished the last spoonful of her food and stood up. "I'm full so I'll leave first. Goodnight brother, Deim." She flashed a faint smile and disappeared from view. Deim and I looked at each other.

She got insulted by those nobles and now this, how much does she need to suffer?

"What do we do now?" Deim broke the silence.

"Don't know, I've never seen her that sad since hearing your engagement." I shrugged.

"Hey!! Don't you know how to cheer her up? You're her brother, for gad's sake!"

That hit me hard! Even if I'm her brother, there're tons of things I still don't know about her. Like how she's a fast learner in weapon-wielding and martial arts, how she knows etiquette and mannerism even if no one taught her, how she does everything to keep herself from the prince, those sorts of things...

I liked that last part about her, but I can't help but be suspicious. Most girls dream of marrying a prince for power and influence, but Solaris is different. She isn't a little bit concerned about those trivial things; she just cares about the family, her friends and the people.

I was even shocked when she mentioned that she wants to be a commoner. What the f*ck? Who told her about such things? Surely not that freaking Helia right? She wants to be a low-class so much that she even proposed to be removed from the Imperial family register.

That scared the shit out of me! I told father and he was so shocked that he fainted along with mother. That's why she was permitted to go out of Sunni Palace without any knights or escorts. Sigh, does she hate being a princess that much?

"Let's just leave her for now and let nature run its course." I calmly replied that he facepalmed.

"No, I'll cheer her up."

"I can't let you do that, you'll annoy her instead!"

"At least I tried rather than doing nothing like you!" He slammed the table and furiously left after huffing that left me thinking.

He's right, I always do nothing. I have and will always do. Why am I so useless? Deim's right, perhaps he's the one my sister needs right now... no, no, that can't possibly happen!! I can't let him play with her heart and then break it! But, I think Solaris has already fallen for him...

Deim successfully made my sister fall in love with him like he told me ten years ago...

When Deim teases her, I always notice how her face reddens. She always tries to deny it but it's still obvious. I'm so happy she herself didn't notice it but I feel bad somehow. I think that if she chooses Deim as her fiancée, the rest would wage a war against Heliontha and Lunaria.

That won't happen right? The six empires at war just because of the Imperial Princess... that'd be a story worthy to be told to the children in the future... our intertwined lives becoming a dramatic play, how interesting...

The final decision will be up to Solaris, will she really choose one of the Crown Princes? I want to directly ask her but maybe it'll take the wind out of her sails. It seems she doesn't know anything about love or she doesn't want to concern herself with it.

I went back to my room and fell asleep while thinking how to cheer Solaris up.