Chapter 29: Adventurers' Guild (3)

I saw familiar faces in the audience that I couldn't help but feel anxious. They just darted their attention in our battle which greatly pressured me.

Why are they watching us? Do Brother Licht expect me to beat Sir Gentil? It's not impossible but it's still hard to accomplish!

"Sir Gentil, we should end this as soon as possible. Don't you agree?" He nodded in determination and he disappeared into thin air. He showed himself a few steps behind me and tried to hit me twice with his twin daggers. I spun myself to dodge the weapons.

<Light Javelins>

I casted ten projectiles and he managed to dodge most of them except one. It grazed his arm so he leaped backwards.

<Burning Cable>

His spell was about to grapple me when I augmented my sword with Void magic and dispersed it. He clicked his tongue in frustration that I smirked in satisfaction.

Hehe, it looks like I'll win this fight.

<Fire Arrow>

An arrow materialized above his head and directly flew towards me.

<Void Blockade>

A protective dome formed around me and blocked his attack. I huffed due to exhaustion and caught my breath to cast another spell.

I may have a bigger mana pool than most mages but continuous casting of spells can still tire me out. It's been fifteen minutes but we still couldn't decide the winner, how long will this take?

"I may have underestimated you, Imperial Princess. Those stats definitely didn't lie." He told me and blazing fire surrounded him. His hair turned red and floated due to the wind. He slowly grinned and narrowed our distance. He kept shooting some fireballs at me and I dodged all of them. Without my awareness, the fire formed into a circle and gathered around me.

Dammit, I didn't see this coming! Now I'll run out of oxygen and eventually collapse.

<Bursting Void>

My spell flashed like water in all directions putting off the fire. He reached for an earthenware jar in his satchel and ignited the string attached on it. He threw at me so I jumped to my left but it exploded that I couldn't brace for the impact. I got thrown to the farthest side of the arena that Brother Licht and Deim rushed to my rescue.

"That's enough fighting for today Solaris, you've done your best."--Brother Licht

"No brother, I have to beat him to become a full-fledged adventurer. I promise to make you proud." I said and pushed myself to stand up. I felt pain on my neck, back and knees. I huffed and suddenly coughed out blood that the two widened their eyes.

"I'm fine, this is nothing. I don't want them to think that I'm weak." I explained but they shook their heads.

"Sol, that's enough. Or do you want me to forcefully drag you home?" Deim sternly said that disheartened me. "I know you're strong, but no need to force yourself to this extent. Were you pressured because we're watching?" I flinched so he patted my head.

"Solaris, you're perfect just the way you are. Don't do things this reckless again, understand?" I nodded in dejection.

I thought I could win, if only I didn't underestimate him! I'm such an idiot. Sigh, why am I so pathetic just like in my life as Hae-In?

"Aurore, can you still fight?"--Marianne

"Princess, are you okay? I hope I didn't hurt you severely."--Sir Gentil

"Hey, take it easy on her! She's a girl you know!"--Sir Joli

"She will now forfeit this match. Sir Gentil, can I fight instead? I also wanna be an adventurer. Do decide on our ranks after this." Brother Licht said in a serious tone and slowly closed their distance. He unsheathed the Imperial family heirloom, a golden sword embedded with diamonds and a name was carved in the blade near the hilt: 'Astre Heliontha'.

Brother...

"W-Wait, who could dare beat the Crown Prince of this empire? You're even the General of the Imperial Knights, don't you have enough work piled up already Your Imperial Highness?" Sir Gentil asked in panic that I heard my brother chuckle.

"Maybe you will be that person? Besides, I wanna show to those knights that are currently blending in with the surroundings to spy on us that I am not to be messed with. As for your last question... if it's for my sister, I'd even conquer the other empires."

I love you brother! A minute, c-conquer the other empires? Is he serious?

"W-What? Your Imperial Highness, I'm not too sure about this. Your valor and might are known across Aetheria. I heard that all who became your enemies lost either their honor or their limbs." He shuddered at his words that I blinked my eyes in disbelief.

What did he just say?

Brother's menacing aura came out that some of the audience struggled to breathe. Sir Gentil struggled to remain standing; I gasped at the mesmerizing sight.

"Amazing..." I murmured.

"Watch how I beat him Solaris, you might notice something." He gave me a wink and focused on the veteran adventurer.

"What'll be your pseudonym, Your Imperial Highness?" Sir Gentil curiously asked.

"Astre." Brother Licht briefly replied in his cold tone and did his fighting stance.