Chapter 28: Adventurers' Guild (2)

"The pleasure is all mine, Guild Master." I briefly replied. "I heard that you wanted to meet me, what is it really about?"

"After what I heard from Gentil and Joli, you beat up the swindlers without any help. I assume it is the utmost truth?" I nodded. "Can I ask you to join this humble guild of ours? I promise you, I will not treat you like the princess you are but as an ordinary person."

Can I really be an adventurer? Stay calm, me.

"Of course, I plan on being an adventurer for five years now. Do you want to know what skills I have?" He shook his head.

"No need to tell me, I'll call her instead. Marianne!!" The woman I saw earlier came with the stone block and placed it on the table. "Princess, place your hand on the stone and state your name as an adventurer." I obeyed.

"Aurore." The block glowed and some sort of green transparent screen appeared above it. Words wrote themselves that amazed me.

'Name: Aurore

Age: 15

Level: 25

Species: <Human>

Occupation: Princess of Heliontha

Fiancée of the Lunarian Crown Prince

Magic Type: Light, Void

Skills: Swordsmanship, Archery, Martial Arts, 5 others

Class: Battlemage

Strength: 30

Agility: 25

Intelligence: 70'

Marianne and the guild master gasped at what they saw.

Why did it reveal everything? I wanted to hide some of my skills though.

"A-Ah, y-you're b-beyond a-a-amazing, Your Imperial Highness."--Marianne

"I've never seen info like that for years!"--Guild master

Sir Gentil and Sir Joli arrived and dropped their weapons. They looked at me that I sweatdropped and laughed ineptly.

"What the hell?! Is that device broken or something?! I didn't have stats that high when I first came here!"--Sir Gentil

"No, the device is perfectly fine. Imperial Princess, what kind of an environment were you raised in?"--Guild master

Why are their reactions like that? Is it really that big of a deal?

"Shortly after I returned to the palace; I was under the tutelage of the Second Cardinal in controlling my Light magic, Archmage Betelgeuse's second apprentice in controlling my Void magic and Viscount Rigel in swordsmanship and martial arts. It's been five years since then." Their jaws dropped.

"You were trained under such famous individuals, no wonder you grew up to be such a monster. Ahem! Forgive me, Your Imperial Highness."--Guild master

"You don't even need to take the duel test!!"--Sir Joli

"You can be appointed to S-Class right away with those results!"--Marianne

I shook my head. "No, I should be an adventurer fair and square. I really hate going through the shorter route, by the way." I disagreed. "When will I take this duel? Is it now? I already have my weapon so I can take on anyone, anytime."

"Uhmm... Aurore, there's no one who could test you except Sir Gentil. Will you be fine fighting him, a veteran adventurer?" Guild master said that I nodded in determination. "If so, follow me."

We walked along the halls with a glass ceiling and arrived at a dome-shaped room with circling and treading seats and a dusty stadium.

"Every adventurer, please gather in the arena. A new tryout will battle with the S-Class Adventurer Sir Gentil. Again... every adventurer, please gather in the arena. A new tryout will battle with the S-Class Adventurer Sir Gentil." Marianne said using a voice amplification device.

Many adventurers, thin-looking and buff, arrived and took their seats around the place. They talked to themselves while Sir Gentil and I positioned ourselves fifteen steps away from each other on the arena. The audience held their breaths in anticipation.

"Sir Gentil, ready yourself!" Marianne said and steel twin daggers appeared on that adventurer's hands. "Aurore, the new tryout, ready yourself!"

<Personal Storage>

I reached for my silver sword with intricate floral trimmings and unsheathed it. I pointed it at my opponent and the audience applauded in excitement.

"Aurore, fight me at your full strength. Numbers don't determine the person, always remember that. I will also fight you seriously so brace yourself." Sir Gentil said and wore his game face.

"Believe me Sir Gentil, you'll regret saying that. I may be unable to beat my brother but I can surely take you on." I replied and smirked.

"Ready... Set... Go!!" The guild master said and Sir Gentil disappeared from view. I turned around and blocked a slash with my sword.

"You have such great reflexes, can you block this?" He was about to stab my abdomen when I kicked his wrist and his weapon went flying; I then kicked his left shoulder and his chest so I could jump backwards. I pointed my weapon at him for the second time.

I could hear the audience cheering for Sir Gentil.

I must end this as soon as possible, Brother Licht and Deim are watching after all!