Chapter 42: Coming-of-Age Ceremony (2)

"Grand Duke Harrison Sirius, Grand Duchess Briana Sirius, High Lord Henri Sirius, High Lady Alleria Sirius are entering!!"

They bowed and the Sirius family congratulated me. My family did as well.

"His Imperial Highness Prince Phobos Fier diRiviére Lunaria, His Imperial Highness Crown Prince Éclair Dean diTonnerre Skypeia, His Imperial Highness Crown Prince Alexus Terre diCrasse Tierra, His Imperial Highness Crown Prince Sombre Nixxon diCrépuscule Eboulis and His Imperial Highness Crown Prince Wilhelm Brasier diFuego Brûluria are entering!!"

"Endless glory to the bright stars of Aetheria!!"

I heard some lower royal princesses and noble ladies gossip to themselves.

'They're so hot!!'

'I know right, that banned book didn't give Their Imperial Highnesses' looks some justice! They look so much better in real life!'

'I wish they could notice us...'

'That's impossible, they only have eyes for the Imperial Princess remember?'

'Oh right.'

I sweatdropped while Helia and Alleria grimaced.

"Those damned mob characters..!"--Helia

"Right, they didn't even appear in the novel. What a bunch of losers!"--Alleria

"Both of you, calm down..!"

"Sorry Solaris." They both apologized. The lights suddenly turned off and only a person from above the staircase was lit by a spotlight.

"Hello everyone!" The man said that the guests murmured softly amongst one another. The Empress Consort went abreast him. "You know me as Marquis Mauvais and the older brother of Her Royal Majesty..."

Wait what?

"I'm standing in front of you tonight to announce a very shocking news..." A young girl with the same hair and eye color as me showed herself so everyone gasped. "I have found the real princess of this empire, Princess Borealis Astarte diLumiere Heliontha..."

Mom and dad wore horrified looks while the rest were astounded.

"I've been taking good care of her for fifteen years and I finally decided to reveal the truth. Everyone, meet the legitimate Imperial Princess. The one we've always known as the lost princess is actually a fake. Your Imperial Majesties, you can confirm it if you want."

So she was that girl I saw earlier? Wait, I'm a fake? This just gives me an opportunity to live as a commoner so let's just play along for now. I know I'm the real princess, I can use Light magic and Void magic from mother just fine.

The girl walked down the stairs and stopped a step away from mom and dad. I focused my gaze on her and I sensed fluctuations of Light magic from her.

Marquis Mauvais and the Empress Consort are good at this, but I sorta feel some familiarity from her. Is she really my sister?

"Are you my mom and dad?" She suddenly looked pitiful that 'my' parents stepped back.

I can sense it, that stench of immorality... she's acting! Wait, why can I sense it?

'It was my parting gift to you, you know!'

Are you really gad? Is she truly my sister?

'Correction, twin sister.'

Now that I look at it, we clearly appear identical except for the 'immorality' part.

"This is preposterous, how could you defame the Imperial family by bringing a fake declaring that it's the real one!!" Brother Henri angrily resisted.

Gad, can you give me telepathic powers?

'Sure thing!'

"I'm telling you the truth, I swear on the name of the Mauvais Marquisate!"

"I still don't believe you, your daughter badmouthed Solaris after all!" Brother Licht stepped up. "I can't accept that monster that looks like my 'only' sister!!"

'Brother, she really is our sister. Can't you sense a hint of her Light magic?'

'Solaris, how did you--! Nevermind, I can but something's off. I don't know what though.'

'Her mind is sorta corrupted somehow, must be because of those two. Brother, she's not just our sister but my twin.'

'W-Wait w-what?!'

'Yes, you heard right. I don't know the specific details but seeing our parents' reaction just now, it seems that they never knew about this until now. Brother, can I have another favor again?'

'What is it?'

"Sol, are you okay? You've been quiet for five minutes now."

"Yep, I'm fine. What happened earlier?"

"Your parents still couldn't accept that f*cking girl." Crown Prince Sombre suddenly came to us along with the other princes.

"Imperial Princess, I can see a threatening Dark aura around her." The Eboulisian Crown Prince stated.

"But I can sense from her a similar magic to mine which is Light!"

What kind of a situation is this? Why does she possess Light and Dark magic at the same time?

Another unexpected guest arrived magically.

"Greetings everyone, you know me as the Archmage Betelgeuse. Due to this intriguing event, I personally came here to help my successor, the Imperial Princess Solaris, prove her right to be the real princess!" He snapped his fingers and two mirrors appeared in front of me and in front of Borealis.

"What are the mirrors for, Sir Betelgeuse?"

"Good question. Those mirrors will show each of you a scenario. You are required to describe that scenario accurately and truthfully, and I will judge whether you saw was fitting of an Imperial Princess or not. Sounds good?" Borealis raised her hand. "Yes?"

"What if your conspiring with that fake?"

"I won't, I already swore a blood oath to gad which means I can't lie."

"Fair enough."