Ch 48

The investigation into the assassin continued, and, to my surprise, Reyhas has not questioned my reason for concealing my powers.

It was awkward for him to naturally act as though I had been a saint from the start, but I gradually grew accustomed to it.

One afternoon after so many days.

“Hunt?”

Reyhas, who visited my room, smiled and nodded.

“We will send a letter of refusal and send high-ranking priests instead.”

No matter how great the imperial request was, the saint possessed the right and authority to decline it.

Since the inauguration, the temple would ask the imperial family for their approval that the saint is frail and can hardly participate in events.

I agonized for a moment.

“If you participate, will you hunt yourself?”

“You won’t.”

He shook his head.

“The priest’s role is to use divine powers to heal the injured key personnel.”

“Is the imperial family the only one participating?”

“Most of the high-ranking central nobles will also participate.”

“Hunt…”

Reyhas raised his eyebrows at my words and asked,

“Are you interested?”

“I overheard the priests talking earlier. A story about the nobles having doubts about the saint’s passive behavior. It was a story that came out ahead of the Hunting Festival.”

“Never mind them. They’re always noisy.”

I shook my head.

“I will participate.”

I have a good sense of smell, and I’ve always been that way when it comes to impure intentions.

“Will you be alright?”

Reyhas asked with a hesitant expression. The role of a priest in the Hunting Festival was limited, so I would not be in harm’s way, but he seemed worried.

“I don’t care what others say, but it would be nice to go and consider it an outing. I’m tired of the repetitive routine.”

“I figured. I’ll make sure to attach enough holy knights.”

I continued as soon as he finished speaking,

“And now that I’ve become a saint, I’d like to receive a business trip allowance.”

I noticed Reyhas’ brows wriggle. Fortunately, it wasn’t a disagreeable expression.

“I started as a fake saint, but now I have real divine powers. So I believe the monthly cost to maintain my dignity should be over 1,000 francs.”

“……”

“I’m requesting that you consider allocating an additional budget, although the budget has been re-established.”

So far, I’ve looked up the saints’ expenditure records, and to be honest, it wasn’t a substantial record that would aid in wage negotiations.

Because 30% of the saints who refused to pay tribute served God righteously and with a pure heart.

But they’ve spent their entire lives as civil servants, whereas I’m more of an entrepreneur.

‘You should pull the money when you can!’