4

The night air cooled my skin, the temperature low from the rain earlier.

Kingston asked Milo to drive me to the party since he had to come earlier.

This building was huge, looking like it cost millions. As I approached it, I found it hard to act like it wasn't the most beautiful building I had ever seen. 

The price of the building was far more than my family ever had growing up, which is why they had me for financial gain. 

I entered the party, overwhelmed by the number of people and how elegant they looked. I've been to many parties over the years that have been similar to this, but there have never been this many people. It honestly felt a little bit suffocating. 

I stood in the middle of the room, looking around for somebody to talk to. I know that this party is to celebrate my 'marriage' with Kingston and to meet his family, but I still felt out of place and like I didn't belong.

My eyes met a pair of brown ones. Kingston sat on a chair with his legs spread apart, dressed in a designer suit. His arms were on the armrests, and his eyes looked me up and down. His head lifted up, his blonde hair falling slightly onto his forehead.

As he stood up, I looked away. But it didn't take long until I felt his presence behind me. I knew it was him. I didn't need to see. The smell of his cologne had already given him away.

I took a deep breath before turning around to face him.

"I see you've dressed up for me," he looked me up and down, licking his lips.

I shook my head and disagreed, "I didn't dress up for you. But I've already slapped you at our wedding, so I didn't want to embarrass myself any further."

He leaned down towards my ear, his lips grazing it, making my chest tighten. He whispered, "I love when you wear black."

As he pulled away, he looked at me with a smirk, as if he was proud of how he made me speechless.

Thankfully a man spoke from behind me, "Sienna, I've been waiting years to meet you."

I turned around, meeting a man with brown eyes and light brown hair. His features looked like Kingston's but with more wrinkles. He held out his hand for me to shake as he said, "Welcome to the family."

I forced a smile at him and shook his hand. Kingston walked away, leaving me alone with his father. Asshole.

"How are you liking the guests so far?" he asked me, and I noticed that he must be who Kingston gets his height from.

I confessed, "I haven't talked to anybody yet."

His jaw dropped. He looked over my head and waved a man over, and a man with tanned skin, black hair, and brown eyes walked over to us. Kingston's dad introduced him, "This is Kingston's cousin, Romero. Why don't you two get to know each other?"

"Sienna," Romero spoke as if he recognized my name, pointing his finger upward. 

Kingston's father walked away, so I forced a smile at him, "Romero."

"Heard about you several times over the years, can't believe I'm actually meeting you in person," he spoke with a smile while his eyes looked me up and down. "Let me just say that you look amazing."

I opened my mouth to reply when I felt a pair of eyes on me. They were burning. I looked to my left, seeing Kingston looking at me across the party with a clenched jaw. It didn't matter if this man was his family. He never liked when one spoke to me. 

A smirk formed on my face.

I tugged on his tie while replying, "Thank you. I really appreciate it."

He chuckled, his tongue running along his bottom lip. He ran a hand through his hair and suggested, "Why don't we have a dance later? It's good to get to know your in-laws."