22

"Kingston, she's refusing to leave."

Milo looked irritated, and his face revealed that he really didn't like her.

I glanced at Kingston, who rolled his eyes and set his glass down. His mom had been pounding on the front door the entire time we've been eating lunch. We thought that if we didn't answer, she would go away. But she hasn't. 

He went to stand up when I whisper-spat at him, "Don't go. She'll get bored eventually."

"She's fucking bothering me. I'll tell her to hop her ass back in her white Lamborghini before it's stained red," he shrugged.

I shook my head, "No - you aren't killing your mom. Sit back down, she'll leave eventually."

"No, she probably won't," Milo spoke up, making me groan and tilt my head toward the ceiling for a second.

More pounding came from the floor, followed by the doorbell echoing against the walls. Marianne's voice could be heard on the other side of the door, "Come on, Kingston. I'm your mother."

Kingston rolled his eyes as if he had heard that a million times. He stood up and I whispered, "Kingston, sit the fuck-"

I let out a sigh when he exited the kitchen and I heard the front door open. I dramatically put my head down on the table, and the sound of birds chirping outside replaced the sound of her pounding on the door.

Her voice spoke, "Finally. We need to talk."

"Okay. So talk from right here."

Milo and I stood in the kitchen, listening to their conversation, but keeping ourselves out of view.

Marianne scoffed slightly, "You won't even invite your own mother in?"

"Not after she has hurt my wife," Kingston's voice was darker than before. "So what the fuck do you want."

A moment of silence washed over them, and I assumed that it was filled with Marianne making a face of disbelief. She took a deep breath, "Look, I may have had a lapse in judgment. You and Eros are my only sons, you know I'd never want to hurt either of you."

"But you hurt Sienna," the tone of Kingston's voice told me he wasn't buying into what she was saying. "And by doing that, you hurt me. In the worst way possible."

"Come on, Kingston. Your father and I should be more important than her," even though I couldn't see her, I could feel her shaking her head and playing with her pearl necklace.

Her words made me roll my eyes and I leaned over to Milo and whispered in his ear, "What a bitch."

"Right?" he whispered back. 

"Sienna is far more important to me. So you can go now," Kingston spoke matter of factly.

His mom scoffed, "How does this whore become more important than your own mother."

"I'm going to beat this bitches ass," I whispered to Milo before exiting the kitchen.

I heard Milo speak from behind me, trying to tell me not to go. 

"Oh no Sienna don't..." Milo whispered but didn't move. "Well you're going anyway so might as well do it and pop her lip injections."

I ignored him and walked straight towards the front door, the breeze from outside making contact with my skin since I was still in the t-shirt and shorts I had slept in.

"Whore speaking," I forced an overly sweet smile. "Wow, I must say I've never seen a 50-year-old wear a dress like that. Takes confidence."

Her fake smile dropping from her face told me that she didn't like my backhanded compliment. She pursed her lips after making a disgusted face, "I'm barely 40."