36

S I E N N A

I tilted my head up, letting the sun hit my face. The slight movement from the water would move me an inch or two every few seconds, but I still kept my face up while shutting my eyes.

"You got sunscreen on?" Kingstons' voice made me move my head back and open my eyes.

He headed toward the pool, wearing black swimming trunks that were the same shade as his tattoos. I looked at all of his many tattoos; snakes, knives, flowers. It must've hurt to get that many tattoos. I nearly passed out getting my tiny dove.

I nodded, "Yes. Now get in."

He continued to walk toward the pool, and I rolled my eyes seeing that he walked right past the sunscreen himself. Hypocrite. He told me I wasn't allowed to enter the water without it on.

I swam over to him as he walked down the steps, the warm water having a slightly salty smell to it. Kingston went with salt water, not chlorine. 

"You didn't eat all of your breakfast," he complained, referring to the half-full plate of food that I put back in the fridge.

I shrugged, "I wasn't that hungry."

My answer didn't seem to make him feel better. I let out a small sigh, wrapping my arms around his neck and leaning backward slightly. 

"Do you want to go shopping for a dress tomorrow?" he asked.

My eyebrows lowered, "For?"

"A dress to wear to the grand opening party. The party is in two days, and I thought maybe we could go shopping downtown and you could pick one out that you like. I could even get a matching suit," he offered, making both happiness and anxiety fill my stomach.

I know that Kingston has this plan to kill Eros, and I'm not doubting his abilities, but worry still lingers in my stomach when I think about it. One wrong move and it could be Kingston dead instead of Eros.

And that scares me

"What's wrong?" he asks, his hand pressing against my cheek.

I leaned into his hand, letting out a sigh. I confessed, "I'm worried about that party. Are you sure I can't stay there with you?"

"Not happening," he replied, but his facial expression and voice turned serious after seeing the look on my face. "I'm serious, Sienna."

"I know I'm not the most trained person ever or anything, but maybe I could-"

"I would never risk your life. You being in the same building as Eros after what he did creates that risk. After we take the pictures, Milo will drive you home where you are safe. I've already bought more chocolate-covered almonds for you," he cut me off, the tone of his voice telling me that he wasn't going to change his mind.

I let out a small sigh, removing my hands from his neck and leaning back into the water so that only my head was above it. 

I splashed him slightly with the water, making a smirk form on his face.

With a lighter tone, he asked, "So, is that what we're doing?"

"I don't know, is it?" I smiled, suppressing my laughter while I splashed him again.

He stared at me like he was a predator and I was the prey, and I started to think that maybe I shouldn't have done that. I immediately turned around while laughing, trying to swim away from him, but he grabbed onto my leg and pulled me back.

I put my hands up, "I was just kidding! It was a joke, see!"

His lips spread into a smile as he cornered me against the pool. My back hit the pool wall, and the water dripped off of my face as I stared up at him.