35

Sienna coughing woke me up around 7 am.

She remained asleep during it, but I stayed up to make she sure was okay. It's been 4 hours since then, and she hasn't coughed since, but she's still asleep.

The curtains were shut; not allowing any sunlight to enter the room. My hands ran up and down her back softly, her steady heartbeat beating against my chest.

My phone vibrated from beside me, the glowing screen being the only light in the room. I picked it up after making sure the vibration didn't wake Sienna, then read the text from Milo, 'It's all set up.'

'Thanks.'

'Give me a raise?'

'Your 2 million dollars a year salary isn't cutting it for you?'

'Come on, you're like my sugar daddy.'

I made a face of pure disgust.

I typed, 'I'll up it to 3 million a year if you promise to never call me that dumb shit again.'

'Agreed.'

Sienna starting to stir against my chest made me set my phone down. She made a soft noise before her eyes opened, and she looked confused for a second until she looked up and saw me. I'm sure she still has nightmares about Eros, and when she woke up she was hoping that it was me she was with. She shut her eyes again for a moment while smiling, "Good morning."

"Morning," I moved some strands of hair out of her face. "Are you feeling better?"

She yawned before telling me, "Yea, my nose is still stuffed a little, but that's it. I'm sure a warm shower will clear it."

"I'll make you some breakfast before you shower," I told her. It wasn't an offer, I was going to make it for her and make sure she ate.

She sat up, taking her body warmth with her. She stretched her arms out before swinging her legs off of the bed and standing up. She walked over to the mirror, and let out a gasp once she stepped in front of it.

"Why didn't you tell me I looked like this?!"

I hadn't realized she wanted me to compliment her. I told her, "You look beautiful, like always."

She shook her head like she had water in her ears, "No, I look horrible!"

My eyebrows lowered. I didn't understand why she thought that.

"I'll just eat my breakfast quickly, and then I'll shower," she thought out loud while pulling her hair out of her ponytail.

She started to walk downstairs and I followed close behind her. As she walked down the steps in front of me, I couldn't help my eyes from wandering downward. 

I forced my eyes away once we reached the bottom of the stairs. She leaned against the table and I kissed the top of her head while walking by, "What do you want for breakfast?"

"A smoothie."

"What kind?"

"Strawberry."

I pulled out the blender before getting ice, milk, strawberries, and some vanilla extract.

I put everything in the blender for her, the loud noise of the blades spinning filling the room for a moment. Once I was done, I poured the pink liquid into a clear glass for her, and handed it to her before washing the blender.

She sipped on the smoothie behind me while I dried the blender. I put it back in the cupboard, turned around and walked to be beside her.

"Do you like it?" I asked.