30

I tightened my belt, listening to the sound of Kingston walking up the staircase.

An idea popped into my mind, and I quickly ran into the bathroom. I stepped into the shower, hiding behind the shower curtain.

The bedroom door opened, and I smiled to myself while I waited for him to enter the bathroom so that I could scare him.

I heard his footsteps approaching, and I got ready to scare him.

My eyebrows lowered when I heard his footsteps retreat, exiting the room again. I crossed my arms and sighed, deciding that I would wait as long as it took to scare him.

I stood there, not caring that the bottom of my shoes was getting wet from the water droplets on the tub from my shower earlier. I leaned my back against the shower wall, listening for when his footsteps would enter the room again.

"Boo," Kingston suddenly spoke, the shower curtain ripping open and revealing him standing directly in front of me.

I jumped out of my skin as if I had just seen the scariest thing ever in the world, and fell down into the tub while putting my hand over my pounding heart. Kingston laughed while looking down at me, and I took deep breaths while still processing the fact that he just almost scared me to death.

"How'd you know I was in here?" I asked while he put his hands under my armpits and lifted me back up.

He shrugged while I stepped out of the tub, "I know you, Sienna."

I let out a sigh as we started to exit the room together. We headed down the stairs and outside, and I held onto his arm the entire time.

Once we were in the car and he watched me to make sure that I had put my seatbelt on, I asked, "Where are we going?"

He sped down the road, like usual. He seemed to be more mindful of driving lately, as if he cared more about crashing now.

He looked over at me with a small smile, "Our place."

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

"Even though we've done this before, I'm still scared," I confessed, my palms pressed against the ledge of the bridge as I leaned forward and looked at all of the traffic below us.

Kingstons' hand slid under my shirt, his warm hand going up and down my back, "You know I've got you."

I stared at him for a few moments, gathering up the courage before giving him a slight nod.

He kept his hands on my waist as I got up, and he kept a tight grip on me as I sat down. Even as he got on, he still kept an arm on me at all times.

He sat down, our legs touching each other. His arm wrapped around my waist, his hand resting on my hip. I allowed the side of my body to lean into his, as we overlooked the busy city and listened to all of the noises it was making.

Detroit wasn't quiet. It was sunset, but hundreds of people were still driving on the road below us. Sirens, which belonged to either ambulances or police, could be heard faintly from the city in front of us. 

I tilted my head up to the sky for a moment. The orange and pink sunset sent a glow onto us, and our shadows lay behind us. 

The sky was beautiful, and it's what I'd imagine an angel would paint.

I moved my eyes to look at Kingston. He stared out at the road in front of us, his light blonde hair getting blown slightly. My eyes moved down to his arms, and something on his arm caught my attention.

"Is that a chess piece?" I asked him while grabbing ahold of his forearm. My fingers ran up and down the black tattoo that I was talking about.

He nodded, "Yea. It's the king."