37

The streets were filled with people. The orange sunset glowed down on everybody, matching most people's moods.

I held onto Kingstons' arm as we walked down the sidewalk toward the dress store. With the party being tomorrow, I'm hoping that the dress that I pick will fit and won't need to be tailored. 

My eyes fell on a family we were walking by. A young couple held their baby, making funny noises to it and making it laugh hysterically. 

I smiled to myself.

Kingston suddenly pulled the arm that I was holding away and wrapped it around my body. He pulled me close to him, and I looked up at him to see what the sudden change was. My eyes went in the direction of where he was looking, and I noticed two middle-aged guys were looking me up and down.

"It's okay, Kingston," I spoke in a soft voice, how tense his jaw was making me wonder how his teeth didn't crack under the pressure.

His hold on me tightened, "I'm very protective of you."

"Don't cause a scene. It's a Friday."

My words make the slightest laughter come out of him. He nearly whispered, "Don't worry. I never forget faces."

"Well forget theirs," I ordered.

He simply shrugged at this, making me roll my eyes. I told myself mentally to make sure he doesn't try to kill them once we were done shopping.

We approached the glass doors of a dress store, and Kingston held the door open for me. I smiled at him while I walked in, the sound of elegant music filling my ears, and the store had a clean scent to it.

The workers approached us and asked if we needed any help, but Kingston told them I was just going to look around myself. 

I held onto his hand as we walked around, and Kingston followed close behind me. After a few minutes of walking up and down the isles, I looked at him over my shoulder and noticed that he kept looking around carefully as if he thought somebody would jump out and try to attack me at any moment.

"Relax," I squeezed his hand. "Don't stress yourself out while we're dress shopping."

"I'm just being careful," he lifted the hand he was holding up and placed a kiss against it.

I turned back around while smiling, continuing to look around at all of these dresses. They were all beautiful, the most gorgeous dresses I'd ever seen in my life.

But they also looked expensive, and I didn't feel as if I were meant to wear such a beautiful and expensive dress. 

"Kingston, these dresses look really expensive," I spoke in a weary tone. "Maybe we could go somewhere cheaper, after all, I'm only going to wear it once-"

"I'm willing to spend millions on you, Sienna," his warm hand traveled up my back while he cut me off.

I stopped in front of a rack that had a black dress in a sea of colorful ones. I kept my eyes on it for a moment, before reaching my hand out and lifting it off of the rack.

"You like that one?" Kingston asked from behind me.

I looked the long, black dress up and down. I turned around to face him, "I don't know...do you?"

"Don't worry about what I or anybody else thinks," he spoke seriously, his voice calm and gentle. "Do you like it?"

I bit my bottom lip while I moved my eyes back to the dress. My hand ran up and down the fabric, and I moved it around so that I could stare at it from all directions.