24

Typically the noise of construction bothered me, but today, it didn't.

I looked out at the construction workers who were installing the hot tub and pool. I worried that they might dig up some dead bodies. Dozens of workers wore orange reflective clothing and helmets on top of their heads, and I was happy for them that it wasn't super hot out or else they'd be sweating. I probably would've brought them out drinks.

"Are you hungry?" Kingston asked from behind me.

I heard him set his mug down, and I turned to look at him over my shoulder. I shrugged while walking over to the opposite side of the table, "Not really."

"You sure?" he looked me up and down as if he were trying to see if I were lying. "I can make you lunch."

"Why don't I make you lunch?" I asked.

He replied bluntly, "Because you passed out the second we got home last night, and I believe in aftercare, darling. So let me take care of you."

My cheeks warmed and I looked to the side to try and hide it from him. I could still feel his hands all over me.

I could feel his eyes and smirk even before I looked back at him.

"You wanna go again, Sienna? Milo won't be home for at least a few hours."

I suddenly felt like a child talking about sex. I shook my head and he smirked, "You sure? You seemed to like it last night."

I did.

Warmth filled my stomach just thinking about it, and there was a heartbeat between my legs. His brown eyes looked around my face, "And judging by your face right now, it looks like you remember how I made you feel very well."

The heartbeat between my legs intensified. 

I took a deep breath, my eyes moving to the counter beside me. 

I picked up the kitchen knife off of the counter that Kingston was going to use to cook with, and pointed it toward him. An amused smirk came onto his face as the light shining in from the window reflected off of it. I told him while trying to be serious, but a smile formed on my face despite my best efforts, "Don't say that again."

"Or else?" he spoke in a mocking voice, his eyebrows raising. 

He started to take steps toward me, his frame that towered over mine making me take a few steps back. I laughed, "Kingston, get away from me. I'll stab you."

"Yea?" he laughed, his footsteps becoming quicker.

I went to hold the knife out when he snatched it with ease, going so fast that I didn't even remember seeing his movements. My back pressed against the wall behind me as he held the knife to my throat, the cold metal barely touching me so that it didn't draw any blood. I looked up at him as he removed it from my throat, using the end of it to tilt my head up further. 

He tucked some hair behind my ear with it as he whispered, "Too slow, my love."

He set the knife down on the counter beside us, but we both remained exactly where we were. He leaned down, pressing his lips against my neck softly. When he pulled away, he put his hands on the sides of my face, his thumbs brushing up and down.

"I need to tell you something, Sienna," he started. "But I know you'll complain and say no."

I already know whatever he's about to say is psychotic.

I nodded, "Okay. So tell me."

He looked to the side, and I stared at his side profile. He didn't make eye contact as he told me, "I know you are going to try and talk me out of it. But I've decided that my mom needs to die for what she did to you."