11

S I E N N A

Muffled voices through the door made me rub my eyes before opening them. I looked towards the door as I heard Kingston speak from behind me in a morning voice, "You can sleep longer, it's just Milo and another man."

I pushed myself up on my elbows, looking at Kingston who was getting changed in front of the closet. He had black jeans on and grabbed a black t-shirt to pair with it. I sat fully up as I replied, "It's fine, I'm awake now."

He pulled the shirt over his head, the muscle and tattoos on his arm still showing. He walked over to me and sat on the bed in front of me. He asked, "You feeling okay today? How's your back?"

"I feel pretty normal again," I stretched slightly. "Do you know who did it? And why?"

Yesterday I spent the entire day sleeping on Kingston - I needed it. And it must've been the smart thing to do, because now I feel normal again. I felt a little bad when I'd wake up from my many naps and still be on top of him, but he'd just keep his arms around me and tell me to go back to sleep.

But before I fell asleep, he told me that it was poison that made me sick. I know I'm not the sweetest girl to ever exist, but I didn't think that somebody would want to poison me.

"I know who, and it was to get back at me for something," he tucked some of my hair behind my ear. "Don't worry about it, they'll be dead in the next few days."

I let out a sigh, knowing that if I thought about it too hard then I'd get a headache. My eyebrows lowered as I asked, "Wait, why are you dressed already?"

"I have to spend the entire day dealing with some shit at my bars," he told me. "I fired every single cook here until the person is dead, and I'll cook all of your meals for you. But since I have to go today, Milo will."

"I can cook for myself, you know," I stretched my arms out in front of me.

He stood up off of the bed, leaning down and placing a kiss against my head. He took a step toward the door and replied, "I know. But I'm your husband, I'm going to take care of you forever."

I held up my hand and my voice raised an octave, "But there's no ring."

"I have a ring for you. I know you aren't ready to wear it yet," he opened the wooden door. "But one day you will be."

He exited the room, his words sticking with me. I fell backward onto the bed, looking up at the ceiling as I pulled my blanket over top of me.

One day you will be, the words echo over again in my head.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝

Kingston drives like maniac. I can't believe he's never been in an accident. 

He pulled the car over on the road, right before a bridge over the highway. It was extremely late at night, I had nearly fallen asleep while waiting for him. 

I turned to look at him with lowered eyebrows, but he didn't say anything as he got out. I quickly got out of the car, my white skirt moving from the wind. I caught up to him and asked, "What are we doing here?"

He nodded his head towards the ledge on the bridge and said, "See for yourself."

I walked over to the ledge, the road dark besides some dimly lit lamposts. 

I pressed my palms against the cement ledge, leaning forward and looking down at the highway below us. The wind blew my hair back and Kingston walked past me, putting his hand on my lower back as he did so.