8

I went back home, needing to take a shower and change. I was glad to see Milo's car was back in the driveway, telling me that Sienna was inside. Coming home to her, that was what I had been dreaming of since I was 5.

I headed up the stairs, all of the men that worked for me not even batting an eye at my bloodied clothing. 

As I walked down the hallway toward my bedroom door, I stopped in my tracks. 

Romero walked out of my bedroom, where Sienna was. He had a smile on his face and ran a hand through his dark hair. I stared at him with a clenched jaw, watching him make his way toward the staircase to leave.

Once he noticed me, he stopped directly in front of me. I stared at him, not going to be the one to speak first. He forced a smile at me, "Hey cousin. You get into some trouble today?"

His fingers gestured to the blood covering my shirt, but I never moved my eyes from his.

"What were you doing with Sienna just now?" I asked, although it wasn't just a question. I was demanding an answer.

He turned back around to look at the bedroom door for a moment, "I stopped by to pick up some guns for the shipment tomorrow. And when Milo told me Sienna was upstairs all by her lonesome, I figured I could say hi and keep her company."

He was smiling as if he was expecting that to make me smile. I nodded, looking at the wall beside us for a moment.

I took a step towards him, looking at him face to face. I told him quietly, but my tone still harsh, "Sienna doesn't need you to keep her company. That's why I'm here."

"Well, you weren't," he shrugged.

A muscle in my jaw twitched. I asked him, "Are you taking an interest in my wife?"

"Kingston, come on. Sometimes people can be shared," he laughed. "Try not to think too deeply of it."

He forced a smile at me before walking past me, heading down the staircase. I watched him over my shoulder until he was out of view, my jaw remaining clenched.

I would never share Sienna.

I pulled out my phone and texted one of my men something. I slipped my phone back into my pocket, heading towards my bedroom door.

I opened the door slowly and saw Sienna sitting on the vanity chair. She sat criss-cross on it while looking at herself in the mirror, braiding her wavy brown hair. 

The anger in my chest alleviated once I saw her, and as she braided her hair she looked at me with a look of shock and confusion, "What happened to your shirt?"

"Nothing important," I replied, walking past her and going into the bathroom.

I turned the shower on and pulled my shirt off before walking back into the bedroom and grabbing some clothes out of my closet. She stood up off of the chair once she was done with her braid, and I tilted my head slightly as she walked over to me.

"I went to one of your casinos today," she told me. "Very charming place."

"Thanks. I have one named after you, you know."

Her green eyes widened. She asked as if she didn't believe her ears, "What?"

"The Abelli Casino. It's in a different state."

I watched her eyes as her brain processed my words. I lifted my hand to the side of her face, scanning it while I asked, "Did Romero do anything to hurt you?"

She shook her head and looked like my question was ridiculous, "No. He was just saying hi, and complimented my outfit."

I looked down at her clothing. She wore white ankle socks with black shorts and a white tank top, and I knew exactly why Romero was complimenting her. Her breasts were large and easy to see through the thin material.