27

I placed the whiskey bottle in a cupboard up high, somewhere other people wouldn't look for alcohol since we kept it all in a different cupboard. I don't plan on drinking it any further, I just want to have it forever to spite my dead father. Like a trophy. 

The sun was setting, and the air outside was on the colder side. I headed upstairs to go and check on Sienna, and ask her how her brownies were. When she lived at her parent's house, she would bake often.

I knocked on the door before opening it, the light from the hallway filling up the room. My eyebrows lowered seeing that she wasn't in bed, and then my eyes moved to the bathroom. The door was wide open, and she wasn't in there.

Worry filled me, but I kept my cool. I walked over to the room Milo worked in, not bothering to knock since I wanted to find her as soon as possible.

He jumped at his desk when I opened his door, and I looked around the room while he let out a sigh. He muttered, "You should knock, what if I were jacking off?"

"Where's Sienna?" I ignored his words, not seeing her in his room.

He shrugged, "Last I saw her, she was eating brownies in the kitchen."

I shut his door behind me, immediately going back down into the kitchen. I looked around for her and called out, "Sienna?" 

My worry was starting to grow. I looked around the house, trying to find her brown hair. Right as I was about to exit the dining room, something outside caught my attention.

I saw her standing in the backyard, leaning against the cement half-wall that was right before all of the nature. The construction workers had today off, so I was a little confused as to what she was out there for.

I stepped outside, the cold air biting at my skin. I spoke in a disapproving tone, "Sienna."

She was standing out in the cold weather in a t-shirt and shorts. I wasn't sure how long she had been out here, but as she looked at me over her shoulder and I saw that the weather caused the tip of her nose and her cheeks to turn red. I cursed under my breath, I didn't want her to get sick.

I walked over to her, immediately pulling her into my chest and rubbing some warmth into her. I asked her, "What are you doing out here? You're gonna get sick dressed like that."

Her voice was a little muffled from my shirt, but I could still understand her words, "I was just looking at the flowers."

"I'm gonna make you some hot chocolate and we'll go upstairs to our bed, okay?" my hands ran up and down her freezing arms, and the small shiver that I felt her do against my chest made me want to scoop her up and force her to come inside. 

"I wish it was warmer here," she spoke against my chest. "Sometimes I wish we lived somewhere warm in Europe rather than in America."

My cold heart warmed hearing her say 'we.'

"And where would you like to live in Europe?" I asked, covering her body with mine so that the wind would hit me and not her. 

"France," she replied quickly, and I could feel her smile. "I took French every year in high school, I'm pretty good at it. I wanted to go on the trip there with my class, but my parents didn't let me."

"I can take you to France, Sienna," my fingertips ran through her hair.

She shook her head and pulled away from the hug, "That's too much to ask for."

"Nothing you could ever ask for could be too much," I told her truthfully. "Wouldn't you like to see Paris now that you have freedom away from your family?"