28

S I E N N A

I used my hands to smooth down the black dress I had on, slight wrinkles forming on the fabric at my hips. Kingston has been ready for the past hour and has been sitting on the bed watching me get ready while occasionally giving me 'hurry up' looks.

I walked into the bathroom, spraying myself with my perfume bottle. I picked up my lipgloss, coating it against my lips and rubbing them together. I twisted the top of it back onto the bottom before it slipped out of my hands, landing on the floor. I let out a gasp as this happened before rolling my eyes and bending down to pick it up.

"Sienna?" Kingstons' voice was quickly beside me, filling the door with his frame. 

The slight concern in his voice made me stand back up to my full height and toss the lipgloss on the counter, "I'm fine, and I'm ready, too."

He took a step toward me, leaning down and pressing his lips against the side of my neck. I leaned into his warm lips, letting out a soft sigh as he planted another kiss. His hands ran through my hair as he pulled away, and he said, "You scared me yesterday."

My eyebrows lowered, "I did? How?"

"When I came home and couldn't find you, I was so worried," he confessed, the worry that still laced his voice making my heart shift with guilt. 

I raised my hand up and put it on the side of his face, being able to feel the slight stubble growing. My thumb brushed up and down, "I just wanted to go outside for a second. I was thinking of going to the park, so you're lucky all I went to was the backyard."

"I would've found you," his voice mumbled against my skin, placing two kisses against my cheek. "I'd find you anywhere, my love."

"I didn't mean to scare you," I apologized. 

"The thought of anything happening to you terrifies me," he said in between kisses around my face. "I always want to protect you."

I shrugged, "You could teach me how to shoot a gun, maybe?"

His hands moved to rest along my jawline as he pulled away and looked down at me. He looked serious as he said, "There was actually something that I want you to try tomorrow, but I'll understand if you aren't up for it."

"What is it?"

"Milo and some of the other guys found this guy that Eros has been in close contact with lately, so he's been brought to one of my warehouses to get some answers out of him. I was wondering if you would want to come tomorrow and help so that you can see a little bit of just what I do when I'm not at home," he suggested, and I bit my bottom lip while I thought.

I don't want to be some weak little girl who can't handle the life around her. I want to be strong, and I want to be able to handle things.

I nodded my head, "Okay."

A smile spread across his face. He tilted my head up and leaned down, pressing his lips against mine. His hands moved down my body to my waist as we kissed, and even though I was in heels, I still had to tilt my head up to kiss him. 

His fingertips moved to my back and started to run up and down it while his soft lips connected with mine, but I gasped against his lips when I felt his hand move to my thigh and run up it in a teasing motion. 

He smirked as he pulled away, teasing me, but never touching me. I crossed my arms and muttered, "Asshole."

"Let's save it for after dinner, sweetheart," he wrapped his arm around my waist. 

I bit my bottom lip as I ignored the fact that my thong was now damp, leaning into him slightly as we exited our bedroom.

╚══ஓ๑♡๑ஓ══╝