15

S I E N N A

Love.

I don't have a great relationship with love. 

My parents weren't bad parents, but they weren't good ones either. I could've been gone for a week and they wouldn't have noticed. We didn't celebrate any holidays, we didn't eat any meals together, they didn't know what was going on in my life and I didn't know what was going on in theirs.

They were more like roommates than parents.

I'd always try my best to please them. Get the best grades in my class, participate in sports, clean the house randomly while they were gone. But they never said they were proud of me, they never congratulated me on graduating high school with the highest GPA, and they never came to a single one of my volleyball or rugby games.

And even after all of that, even after they were willing to send me to marry somebody and never talk to me again,

I still want to talk to them.

How embarrassing. 

I just want to feel loved. I want them to be happy to see me, I want them to say they are sorry, I just want my parents to love me. 

"Are you gonna eat your food, or what?" Kingston spoke up through sips of his coffee.

While looking out of the kitchen window, I replied, "I'm not hungry."

"Bullshit. Eat or else I'll pry your mouth open and make you."

A small smirk formed on my face as I turned my head to face him. I spoke in a teasing voice, "You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

"Damn fucking right I would," he replied, his words causing butterflies to form in my stomach.

He set his nearly empty coffee mug down on the kitchen island and walked around it so that he was now standing directly beside me. I looked up at him, his hair still messy since we had only woken up a half-hour ago.

He picked a strawberry up from my plate with his right hand and used his left one to open my mouth. While holding my mouth open he put the strawberry into my mouth, locking eye contact with me as I bit into the fruit.

He put the top of the strawberry back onto the plate, as I swallowed the sweet and refreshing fruit. Before dropping his hand from my chin, he poked the tip of my nose with his thumb, "Good girl."

Even though the window curtains were wide open, no sunlight entered the kitchen. It was cloudy outside, looking as if it were going to rain soon. 

"I'm gonna be out for the day, helping the elderly and such. Do you need anything before I go?" Kingston spoke sarcastically while taking the last sip of his black coffee.

I knew he wasn't helping the fucking elderly - he was going out to find the person he wants to kill.

I shook my head, "Nope. I'm just gonna watch movies, or something. And shouldn't you maybe wait until your stab wound heals before you go out trying to kill people?"

"Warms my heart that you care, Sienna," he smirked at me. "But I'll be fine, it wasn't that deep. I'll be home soon enough, and I'll cook dinner for us tonight."

I nodded my head and watched him as he exited the kitchen to go upstairs to change.

That was a lie. I wasn't watching any movies, I was planning on going to my parents' house. But I know that Milo and his other little bitches probably wouldn't let me leave, so I'm planning on sneaking out.

Once Kingston was changed into his black pants and white shirt, he came into the kitchen and kissed my cheek before leaving.

I continued to stand there for a while, even after hearing the front door shut.