34

K I N G S T O N

"I'm gonna go downstairs without you!" Siennas' voice spoke from the other side of the door, her lack of patience making me smile to myself. I appreciated her before, but after what happened with Eros, it's gone to another level. 

Once my clothes were on, I tossed the towel into the laundry hamper. I swung the door open, my heart warming in my chest seeing the love of my life standing there. Plus, the bossy look on her face and her crossed arms were amusing to me.

"Finally," she spoke as if I had just taken an hour. "I was about to break the door down and drag you downstairs with me."

A laugh escaped me as I kissed her forehead. Sienna barely reaches my shoulder and her frame is slim, not muscular. She couldn't break the door down even if she wanted to.

We walked down the stairs as I looked at her over my shoulder, "Hey, you were the one that wanted to go bowling later."

"Yes, but I'm also hungry and didn't want to eat without you," she replied in a 'duh' tone. "I've never realized how long you take to shower."

"I don't take that long," I replied, and right as we reached the bottom of the steps, she rolled her eyes.

My hand went to her throat gently, pressing her against the wall in a way that made her smile and gasp.

I leaned my head down toward hers, "Don't roll your eyes at me, sweetheart."

"Then don't annoy me," she replied while fighting back a laugh.

As it seeped through and the sound of her soft laughter filled my ears, I leaned down and pressed my lips against hers. I hadn't kissed her yet today, so I kissed her for a little longer than I probably should've.

I pulled away, wanting to give her some time to breathe now. Her breathing was heavy for a moment, and my hand cupped the side of her face. I let her call me annoying slide, and I kissed her cheek gently before guiding her into the kitchen.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked her while opening the fridge.

She stood on the other side of the kitchen table, leaning against it on her elbows. She answered me, "I think I'm in the mood for soup."

My eyebrows lowered. I turned around to look at her, "Are you sure? That's not very filling."

"I'm positive," she nodded.

I just shrugged. I can always make her more food to eat later.

I grab some carrots to cut before I put them in her soup. After she eats, I told Sienna she could pick where we go on our date tonight. And she chose bowling, so that's where we're going.

I sliced the carrots with the knife I picked up, Sienna leaning against the table with her elbows on the table and her hands holding up her head.

But a noise caused me to stop cutting. I was so still that I might as well have been a statue. I slowly moved my eyes up to meet Siennas, and she was giving me a confused look. She asked me, "What?"

"What was that noise?" I ask. Everything has me on high alert now. 

"What noise?"

"The noise that you just made."