39

K I N G S T O N

The lights flashing nearly made me feel blind as I pushed through the crowd of drunk people. 

Ignoring the loud club music and people talking loudly, I made my way up the staircase so that I could overlook the party. 

I stopped in front of the railing, leaning against it while I looked down. My men stood all around the club, all of them looking around for Eros.

"Kingston!" Milo's voice yelled over the music.

I turned my head to look at him, "What?"

"Matt was just found dead an hour ago," he told me, making my jaw shift.

I stopped leaning against the railing, standing up to my full height. The neon lights flashed down on us while I rubbed my jawline.

"It's fine. I'd bet money that he's still coming here," I decided. "A dark club would be the perfect place to try and kill somebody."

Milo nodded, "I'm gonna check the bathrooms."

He walked away, and I turned my head toward the entrance door. Every so often more and more people were getting let it, most of them stumbling their way through. I stared at their faces, waiting to see Eros'.

One man that entered the party made me freeze and tilt my head. The lights distorted my vision for a moment, but I was so focused I could no longer hear the music. 

A man in full black with a hood up entered the party. His hair that could barely be seen was the exact same color as Eros'. He looked around the party as he pushed his way through people, and I kept my eyes on him so that I wouldn't lose him.

I headed down the stairs to the main floor quickly, keeping my eyes on him. I watched his back as he pushed through the drunk crowd, earning a few dirty looks.

I tapped my waistline, making sure I still had my gun in there.

He started to walk down the long hallway that led to the bathrooms and supply closets. The hallway was darker than the rest of the party, only being lit up by the distant flashing lights.

I started walking faster until I was nearly running. His figure grew closer and closer as I approached, ready to stuff his body into one of these closets.

I grabbed his shoulder and pushed him into the wall, pulling my gun out and pressing it against his stomach so that the nearby people couldn't see it. 

"What the fuck, man?" a random guy behind the hood asked. "Is that a fucking gun?"

I didn't move it. My eyebrows lowered as I looked at him, "The fuck are you doing going to a club with a hood on, and walking down the hallway for no reason?"

"I was told to do this for 20 bucks. What's the big deal?" the stoned guy replied, the whites of his eyes completely red.

I took a frustrated step back, putting my gun back into my waistline. He stared at me with a nervous expression, his eyes moving between my face and where I had just put my gun.

I asked him, "Where is the guy that paid you to do this?"

"I don't know. He was downtown about 30 minutes ago," he replied.

I clenched my jaw and looked to the side. I began to feel even more frustrated when a group of drunk friends started stumbling their way down the hallway to use the bathroom.

I left the stoned guy standing there, turning on my heels and heading for Milo.

I found him walking out of the opposite hallway and locked eye contact with him. He could tell by my body language that I was pissed off, making him head straight for me.