16

Kingston held me all night.

He told me it was to calm me down, to make me feel safe. But I think that part of it was so that I wouldn't run away. Not that I was planning to, but I think my little bike ride put him on edge.

The last thing that I remember before falling into a deep sleep was Kingston whispering in my ear, "I love you, Sienna. Until the day that I die, and even after that."

But I can't get the dream that I had last night out of my head.

"Kingston? What are you doing?"

His hand rubbed up and down my leg, his eyes stuck on mine, "I'm looking at my beautiful wife."

"You should be asleep. It's the middle of the night."

"Time doesn't matter," his eyes moved to my lips. "How do I make you feel, Sienna?"

My eyebrows lowered, "What do you mean?"

He leaned in closer to my lips, his hand going dangerously high on my leg, "How do you feel when I kiss you?"

His lips brushed mine as he asked. I held my breath every time that his hand would move up on my leg.

"Good," I replied, my voice feeling stuck in my throat.

He leaned into my neck, pressing a kiss against it that made me shut my eyes for a moment. While meeting my eyes again, he asked, "That's it?"

"I feel...loved," I confessed, my heart jumping in my chest as I said it. "You make me feel loved, Kingston."

He got over top of me, his legs on both sides of my body. He stared down at me while I was trapped under him. He asked, "Are you starting to love me, too?"

I stared up at him, the moonlight hitting his blonde hair. I opened my mouth to speak, but no words came out.

"Get off of me," I spoke quietly, moving my hands to push myself up.

He grabbed my wrists with his hands, pinning them above my head. He leaned down, pressing his forehead and nose against mine as my jaw dropped slightly from his sudden movement. 

His minty breath hit my lips as he ordered, "Tell me."

His dark eyes never left mine. His face was pressing against mine, and I didn't even try to fight to free my hands.

"I...." I trailed off. "I don't know."

"I think you do know. You just don't want to admit it."

His words caught me off guard. He continued to hold my wrists down and keep his face against mine for a moment. 

Instead of pulling away, he pressed his lips against mine. I kissed him back instantly, his chain necklace hitting my neck that dangled down from his.

He pulled away slowly, kissing my cheek softly. 

He freed my wrists before collapsing down beside me, pulling me into his arms. His hands ran through my hair, and butterflies filled my stomach and wouldn't leave. I shut my eyes, drifting off to sleep.

I watched Kingston change in the mirror, while I sat on the end of the bed.

I couldn't tell if last night was real, or if it was a dream.

He changed casually, pulling a t-shirt on as if nothing happened. But that's how he would be acting if something happened, too.

"Aren't you going to start getting ready?" he asked me, locking eye contact through the mirror.