40

4 months later

"Au revoir, Anette!" I waved goodbye to my favorite customer.

The sweet French lady turned around, giving me a smile as she held her pastries in her hands. 

The bell to the door dinged as she exited, the warm France air making contact with my skin for a moment. My dress blew backward for a second, and I stared down at all of the pastries I had baked for today.

I suddenly felt two familiar hands push the bottom of my dress back down so that it was no longer blowing. A smile formed on my face as Kingston bent down and whispered in my ear, "You know that only I can see that."

I turned around, looking up at him. He leaned down and kissed me, the kiss lasting longer than usual since I had woken up and gone to the bakery while he was still sleeping.

"What are you doing here?" I asked. "The customers are scared of you." 

He laughed slightly, placing a container of food down on the counter, "I brought you food."

My face lit up since being around so many delicious and sugary foods makes me hungry a lot. I kissed his cheek, "Thank you. My shift is done in a half-hour, do you want to wait in the back until I'm done and we can share it?"

"Sure," he tucked some hair behind my ear. "I hope you know how proud I am of you, Sienna. Owning your own bakery is a lot of responsibility, and you're fucking killing it."

A wide smile formed on my face, "Thank you."

I'm sure Milo has a million more responsibilities than me now since Kingston moved everything he owned into Milo's name, besides all of the money we took with us. I was worried that Milo was going to say no to running the mafia, but he was actually really excited to. I believe Milo was the only friend Kingston ever loved.

"What are those for?" Kingston asked me, pointing to a plate of cookies that were marked 'Free.'

"Sometimes when customers come in, they seem a little down," I told him. "So I offer free cookies to those that are having a bad day in hopes to cheer them up. The idea came into my head the other day because an older man came in to buy his children cupcakes since his wife had just passed away."

"Your heart is so pure, Sienna," he spoke while cupping my face.

I leaned my head into his warm hand. I took a deep breath, "It did make me feel a little scared though. What if after death, we get forgotten about?"

"We won't be forgotten, will live on through our children," butterflies filled my stomach at the mention of kids. "And then once the inevitable death comes our way from old age, I will make sure to die next to the woman I love most."

We stared into each other's eyes as he continued, "How ironic that a demon will get to die next to an angel." 

"That's pretty far away, Kingston," I lifted my head up from his hand.

He nodded his head, "I know. But until then, I'm going to give you the best life you could ever live."

"You already have," I said honestly, making a smile form on both of our faces.

The bell on the door dinged, telling me that customers had entered. The couple glanced at each other after seeing Kingston, so I poked his chest, "Now wait in the back for me. I'll close up after I help this couple."

"You sure you don't want me to stay?" he smirked. "I'm quite the people person."

I laughed slightly, "Yea? Name one time."

He let out a sigh, "You got me there."

I smiled while turning around when suddenly an idea popped into my head. The couple looked at everything in the display case while I turned to look at Kingston again, "Do you remember our wedding day?"

"I could never forget it."

"Ask me again," I told him.

His eyebrows lowered, "Ask you to marry me again?"

"Yea. At our wedding, I said no. And, we still never legally got together after I signed those papers," I told him, not caring about the time or place that I was bringing this up.

I pulled my wedding ring off and handed it to him. He smiled while he took it and said, "Close up fast. Then we'll do this the right way."

I nod in agreement. 

I told him while handing him my food, "Now, go wait in the back for me."

"Whatever you say, sweetheart," he smiled, grabbing the food and walking into the back room.

I smiled while I helped the couple, putting their muffins into a box for them. After they paid I handed them the box, removing my pink apron as I walked into the back to eat with Kingston.

I sat down beside him, picked up the fork, and put the food into my mouth. I would lift the fork to his mouth every so often, making sure that he was eating, too.

He rubbed my back while I ate, taking care of me like always. I turned to look at him, a smile spreading across my face as I looked at him. My eyes fell onto the king chess piece he had tattooed, reminding me of last month when I got a matching queen chess piece tattooed.

Once we were done eating, I closed up the shop. I felt like a girl in high school with a crush as Kingston drove us to the closest beach to where we lived.

We reached it and got out of the car. The air was salty, the sand was soft beneath our feet, the sound of the waves crashing was calming.

The sky was filled with the brightest, most beautiful sunset I had ever seen. My hair gets blown backward by the wind, and we stop walking just before the water.

Kingston gets down on one knee, holding the wedding ring that I had never taken off until now.

"Sienna," he says my name, looking up at me under the glow of the sky. "Will you marry me?"

The man I vowed to never marry, now proposed to me on a beach. 

And I didn't even have to think about my answer as I nodded and smiled, "Yes."

He slips the ring onto my finger, both of us smiling, knowing that we only needed each other. While the waves crash and the wind hits us, he stands up, kissing me deeply. 

People smiled around us on the beach, talking with their friends, riding their bikes, and having a happy glow to them. Everybody was happy here.

I kiss him like he means the world to me, because he does. We kiss under the sky of our new home in France. 

A sociopath's love truly is unlike any other.

The End.

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

A sequel on their son can be found on my page, it's called 'psychopath' <3 thank you for reading!