Part 28

"Tesia, I guess you've already met Stevie and Kath." Marie said in introduction as Tesia sat down her tray.

"Not with our clothes on." Stevie said cheekily and Joan reddened immediately.
"I'm Stevie, and she's Kath."

"And she is normally a lot nicer than she's currently acting." Joan said, rolling her eyes at Stevie as Tesia sat down.

"She's knows I'm nice, Jojo." Stevie said flirtatiously as she turned toward Joan.

"So, Tesia," Joan said, ignoring Stevie completely now and utterly embarrassed.
"I don't believe I've seen you here before."

"I'm in H3. Just got here yesterday." Tesia explained, still wary of all the women at the table.

"Any problems so far?" Marie asked kindly and Tesia glanced at Stevie. Joan pinched her knee under the table and Stevie jumped slightly before she took the hint.

"I'm sorry if I scared you this morning. I get a little testy when I'm having my girlfriend's pus-"

"If you finish that sentence, you'll be a lot more testy." Joan warned and Marie's face was a flurry of unbelief and embarrassment.

"Right. Anyways, I'm sorry for this morning. The pregnancy hormones do crazy things to women, I'm learning. I wouldn't actually have hurt you. Has anyone else given you trouble?" Stevie asked, actually concerned for the other woman's safety.

"Not really. Weird looks and a few side comments, but nothing I can't handle." Tesia replied.

"Don't go to the shower block alone again." Joan warned.
"That isn't safe. Always take someone with you."

"I don't really have any friends yet. The women in H3 aren't very communicative." Tesia explained.

"I can go with you." Marie said, and Stevie remembered not to laugh out loud.
"I work in the laundry, but I'm sure we could work something out."

"We look out for each other here." Joan said kindly and Stevie nodded in agreement.
"We can look out for you as well. Best not to be alone in here."

"Kath is right. Friendship is important in here. No one is exempt from violent attacks, but it's better to have friends." Marie said gently.
"Makes the time pass easier as well. How long are you here for?"

"Not sure yet." Tesia said vaguely.

"Well, what did you do?" Stevie asked and then shook her head side to side.
"Or didn't do. Don't want to seem judgemental."

"I chopped a guy's penis off when he refused to pay for services rendered." Tesia said with a shrug so nonchalantly it sounded like the blonde was talking about dinner.
The table was quiet then, no one having expected that and then Tesia busted out laughing.
"Gosh, your faces. What? You three are little angels?"

"Certainly not. I supposed I just didn't peg you as the violent type." Marie admitted, and Tesia actually smiled at her.

"But you did want to peg me?" Tesia asked with an uplifted brow and now Joan and Stevie felt uncomfortable.

"And if I did?" Marie asked, her face lighting up for the first time in a while.

"Let's just say hooking for men was my profession and not my preference." Tesia said boldly and Stevie chuckled. She actually enjoyed Tesia's bold nature. It was refreshing.

-----------------------------------------------------------

"The evidence is clear, Ann." Will said, amazed that the woman in front of him wasn't as concerned as he was.