Part 29

Stevie was stroking Joan's arm as she laid beside her in her cot. It was refreshing to wake up beside of someone every morning. It was also comforting. On this particular morning, Joan was still sleeping soundly so Stevie just watched her as her heart swelled in her chest. She loved the woman beside her so much. It didn't feel possible for this to be real.

She snuggled into Joan's side and traced down her nose, causing Joan to snort in her sleep. It was so cute Stevie barely contained the giggle in her throat. She reckoned they would always be like this. At least she hoped so. Things felt pretty damn perfect at the moment. Stevie had another meeting with her attorney later in the day, and Joan's trial was coming up in a few weeks. If things continued as they were, they might actually be out of here soon.

Stevie curled her leg around Joan's waist again and Joan started coming around at the warmth of the other woman. It was smothering in the best of ways. Joan patted her gently, eyes still closed and wanting more sleep.

"Jojo." Stevie said, her voice sounding like a tinkling bell.

"Hm?" Joan mumbled, not ready to meet the day at all.

"I'm horny again." Stevie whispered, and Joan sighed.

"When are you not horny?" Joan asked, her voice barely audible.

"That's a good question." Stevie giggled.
"But if you stopped being so damn hot, it might make it easier."

"M'kay." Joan replied and Stevie started squirming against her.

"Aren't we going to do something about my horniness?" Stevie asked, and Joan grunted.

"We did. Three times last night."

"Is that a complaint I'm hearing?" Stevie chuckled.

Joan's eyes rolled open and looked at her.

"No, but I am significantly older than you. I never knew people fucked this much in my entire life." Joan replied before her eyes slid back shut.

"But I just want to make things even." Stevie said slyly, and she would have continued and probably won her game of seduction if her stomach hadn't rolled at that moment. She shivered slightly and before Joan knew what was happening, Stevie was flying up and over her to hang her head over the commode.
She cursed the damn pregnancy as she gagged and stomach acid burned her throat

Joan dutifully got up and rubbed her back, fully awake from the alarming intensity of the retching. It was a terrible symptom and they'd both be glad when it was over. Joan got her a glass to rinse her mouth and a washcloth to wash her face.

"Thank you." Stevie said, exhausted again from the feeling before brushing her teeth and trying her best to rid her mouth of the taste before she crawled back in bed.

"I guess no sexy times right now." Stevie said dryly and Joan pulled her to her.

"Plenty of time for that later." Joan said with a soft smile.

"I'm so disgusting. I don't know why you'd even want to have sex with me after that display of...of..." Stevie was on the verge of tears and Joan tilted her chin up to look at her.

"I love you, remember? It's not about sex." Joan said sweetly and that made Stevie actually start crying.

"So you do think I'm disgusting." Stevie said dramatically, and Joan barely contained her eye roll.

"Of course I don't. Don't be ridiculously dramatic." Joan replied and kissed her forehead.

"So you will still have sex with me?" Stevie asked hopefully.