Part 34

Will had demanded a full scale search of the prison in search for the needle. Joan knew this because when he had brought her the news Stevie was awake he had provided that bit of information. He'd also informed her that the visit from her attorney had been scheduled for the next day. All in all, Joan was thankful for the information from the man. It felt strange to be aligned with him, but Joan had to admit the man wasn't without his uses. He had been kind and helpful to both Stevie and herself, and she knew he didn't have to be. It was in his better interest to protect himself, and he hadn't in this case. Joan surprisingly found him a competent Governor. He was, perhaps, a bit lenient in some areas, but Joan had to give credit where credit was due. He was about protecting the innocent.

Will hadn't found the needle, so far as Joan knew, and it was a frustration to both of them. Where was the damn thing? Joan was mindlessly chopping up carrots in the kitchen as she pondered this when she heard Miyake come out of the room where the freezer was cursing.

"Who do fucking drugs in my kitchen?" Miyake yelled, and all eyes turned toward her. There in her gloved hand was a needle, some blood still in the syringe.
"I tell you all no fucking drugs!"

Joan immediately looked around from reactions from the women around her, but everyone looked as perplexed as Miyake. Joan noted who wasn't in the kitchen, however. Eve fucking Wilder.

"I'll give it to the guard." Joan said, immediately volunteering as she walked over to the other woman.
"Mr. Jackson is still looking for the needle that stabbed Stevie. Could be the one he's looking for."

Miyake's face lit up in recognition of the information as she handed it over.

"I'm sorry, Kath. Maybe it is." Miyake said, and Joan took the needle straight to the guard on duty.

"Is everything alright back there? I was just coming to check." John Hanson asked.

"Miyake found this in the room with the freezer. Mr. Jackson will want to know." Joan replied as she handed it over.
"Better call him."

Joan waited with the guard until she heard that Will was coming down before she made an excuse to Miyake about not feeling well and left the kitchen. She was going to find Eve Wilder. It all fit. She didn't know why she hadn't thought of it before.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Eve was just coming out of the shower block when Joan turned the corner and spotted her. Anger so raw that Joan forgot to care who was watching bubbled up inside of her.

"You fucking did it, didn't you?" Joan called out, and Eve slowly turned toward her, a cold smirk in place.

"Whatever are you speaking of, Kath?" Eve asked, mocking her as Rita came around the corner.

Joan stalked toward the woman with murder in her eyes, but she held herself back from touching her as she got within six feet of her adversary.

"Stevie Simmons." Joan supplied and Rita's ears perked up.

"Oh, your little prison bitch." Eve's eyes lit up in derision as she stared the woman down in front of her.

"She is an innocent party, Wilder. Why would you-"

"Blackmoore. You made my life a living hell, you cold hearted bitch." Eve laughed.
"Do you really think I believe you don't remember everything you did? Do you think I believe you don't remember your precious Jianna? You never do learn, Joan. You're just attracted to little prison whores that spread their legs for you faster than I can take a piss. You promise to protect them, and you fail everytime, don't you? You're just a monstrous failure on all counts. Stevie will be no different. I hope you get to watch her die next time."