Lover of Mine • Jake Sim (ENHYPEN)

"You told me not to worry if we take time to figure our relationship out! What now?!You've lost feelings, is that it? The butterflies that you said I gave you, they're gone now? Is that how it is?" She said, face full of tears, as she shouted at the man she loved.

"No that's not it! Are we really going to do this again? Right now?" Jake said, sighing tiredly.

"Yes! We're going to talk about this now! We're dating for fuck's sake! Talk to me, Jake, share your problems and successes however big or small, I don't care. Tell me your feelings! That's all I'm asking for!" She reasoned, trying to stifle her sobs.

Jake just stared at her, not knowing what to say. Their relationship was bittersweet, they met each other through mutual friends then slowly developed feelings for one another. One thing led to the next and they started dating. Their first months together were amazing. However, their seemingly 'perfect relationship' came crumbling down. They weren't as affectionate as before. Soon they spent less and less time with each other. They tried to fix their relationship but it was to no avail. Either one will be too busy.

"You know what? Let's just break up. It's clearly never going to work out." She said.

"No...please. You can't do this." His voice hands were trembling as he tried to reach for his lover.

"Ha, now that I'm breaking up with you, you start talking? You know I've been there for you at your worst and your best. I was there when you needed someone. But where were you?" She inquired.

"I have swallowed every single one of your lies, did you know that? I never pointed it out because I thought you'd come clean and I was willing to forgive you as well."

Jake said nothing once again. He looked down guiltily. Finally realizing what he has done.

"You know, I'm not one of those girls that you date just for the thrill of it, I'm not some toy that you throw away after you get tired of me", She started. Her eyes, her once beautiful and innocent looking eyes that looked at him with so much love, were now full of sadness and betrayal.

"I'm sorry...", He finally mumbled.

"That's it?" She asked, urging him to say something else, anything for that fact. She wanted to see him fight for their relationship. But what was she expecting? She was just an obstacle to him.

She turned around and walked towards the door. Not wanting to see his face anymore.

"Do you know why I asked you not to break up with me?" He asked quietly, making her stop at her tracks.

"I'll never give you away 'cause I've already made that mistake. If my name never fell off your lips again, I know it'd be such a shame.When I take a look at my life and all of my crimes, you're the only thing that I think I got right." He confessed.

"So please, let me be a better lover."

She turned back to face him.

"Please give me one more chance? I'll do better. I really love you."

He slowly walked to her. She couldn't resist the urge to hug him, so she did.

"I'm really sorry, I'll do better for you and for us." He placed kisses on her forehead as she cried into his chest.

"Lover of mine, I hope and I pray that you will stay with me." He said looking at her face. He wiped the tears on her eyes and cupped her cheeks.

"Of course I will, and I'll never turn my back to you." She giggled, happy that they finally made up with each other.

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

this oneshot was inspired by the song 'lover on mine' by 5sos. (*❦ω❦) Also i didnt give a name for 'her' cuz i was lazy soooo... just imagine any person who like or smth, entirely uty.

Original Storyline by: S