Serendipity • Kang Taehyun (TXT)

As I stepped foot into the building, the cold gush of air from the air-conditioner immediately engulfed me. There was soft chattering heard from groups of people and the occasional sound of keyboards tapping as people typed away on their laptops. I took long strides, desperate to find a vacant seat to start my study session. I walked through the tall bookshelves that towered over me.

I ran my hands through the books that were neatly arranged on their respective shelves. Finally, I caught sight of a vacant seat near the window. I quickly scurried to the seat and set my study materials on the table carefully so as not to disturb the quiet atmosphere. I placed my tote bag on the empty seat beside me and started studying.

A few minutes into my study session, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I looked up and saw a boy dressed casually, holding a bunch of books in his hands.

"Excuse me, is this seat beside you taken?" He asked, pointing at the seat that I put my tote bag on.

"Oh no, the seat is not occupied. Please feel free to use it." I said, quickly took my bag off the table, enabling the boy to sit. By now, the library was slowly being filled with people. It would be harder for one to find a comfortable place to sit now.

"Thank you so much." The boy said and smiled. Damn, that smile. Why does he look so angelic?

I diverted my attention back to my studies. Occasionally, our hands would brush against each other. His skin was soft and every time our skin brushed against one another, he would let out a small but audible squeal. It was amusing to see his reaction every time.

I couldn't focus all throughout the time I was in the library; Because of him. It was a weird feeling. My heart couldn't handle it. I wouldn't be surprised if he could hear how fast my heart was beating.

I kept stealing glances at him. I just couldn't help it. The man was just stunning. The way his lips formed a small pout when he was focusing on what he was doing. And his eyes; They were sparkling as if it held the whole universe inside it. Gosh, why did he have to be so breathtaking?

"Excuse me? Are you alright?" He suddenly asked me, pulling me out of my intrusive thoughts.

"Huh? I'm okay. Why do you ask?" Oh shit, did he find out that I had been staring at him for a while. I cursed myself in all the languages I could speak in.

"Well, it's just that you had been staying incredibly still for a while. And it was quite concerning for me." He said as he scratched the back of his neck. I smiled at him.

"Oh, I was just deep in thought. You know, all this studying has taken a toll on me I guess." I justified. Suddenly, my phone rang, causing a loud commotion. The surrounding people looked at me, glaring at me.

I mouthed a sorry and walked out of the building to answer the phone call. Gosh, that was so embarrassing. And in front of the handsome guy. After that annoyingly long phone call, I walked back into the building. I saw that the seat beside me was occupied by a different person. I sighed, somehow feeling down I wouldn't get to see him again.

As I sat back down, I found a loose piece of paper inside my notebook. I unfolded it and read its contents.

Hey, I'm the guy who sat beside you. My name is Kang Taehyun. Sorry I had to leave in a hurry. I actually waited for you to return but the phone call took a while. Anyway, I just wanted you to know that you look really beautiful. I'm sorry if you feel uncomfortable. I couldn't tell you face to face as my heart was literally beating so fast. I'm not really sure what will come of us after this but I would like to meet you again.

So, here is my number: *insert phone number*

Hope to see you again, Kang Taehyun

"What a serendipitous event."

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

this is really random but i rlly wanted to do a taehyun oneshot 🫠
enjoyy 👍👍

Original Storyline: S