Waiting for Never • Choi Yeonjun (TXT)

"I have nothing else to say to you." Yeonjun said disappointedly. He stared at his lover, well now former lover, with pain and hatred in his eyes. How could she hurt him like this? After all that he's done for her. For them. But he couldn't put the blame on her. He knew what kind of person she was even before they started dating.

She went from man to man, breaking their hearts in the process. And yet, he still wanted her. Why? He believed she would change for his sake. For their sake. She made him believe she would change. But no, she never changes. No matter how much the other party loves her; She never changes. She was selfish that way.

She stared at Yeonjun, her eyes lit up as she heard the words leave his mouth. There was a glint of happiness in her eyes. Was she relieved that he was finally breaking up with her? How could she be so heartless?

Here he was, pouring his everything to her and she shows no remorse for breaking his fragile heart. "You know, you could've done a better job in hiding your happiness." Yeonjun chuckled in defeat. She was flustered for a second, she forgot to mask her emotions. "I am not happy, how could you say that?"

They stared at each other in silence. She stared at him, waiting for his response, waiting for him to finish breaking up with her so she could find herself a new boy toy. "Oh, cut the bullshit." He countered, her head snapped at him due to his sudden outburst. "We both know that you are happy that we're breaking up." Yeonjun looked at her, his intimidating gaze piercing at her.

He had never lost his cool with her. "When you leave, you'll just go to some other guy and sleep with him and then leave him all alone. You've become predictable, you know?" Yeonjun continued. "Wow, that hurts, Yeonjun." She glared at him. Yeonjun scoffed. Is she serious right now? He shut his eyes, trying to calm himself down, but the thought of her saying that just doesn't sit right with him. Now she's the hurting? Bullshit.

"Oh really? You know what hurts more? Me believing all the bullshit you sold me when I know damn well that you're out fucking another man. Me waiting up for you all night, sacrificing my own fucking sleep, even though I know you will never come home. Me staying home alone when I know you are in another man's arms having a jolly time." Tears slowly filled his eyes.

"I loved you knowing that you don't feel the same. That – that shit fucking hurts. The comment I made towards you is nothing compared to the hell you've put me through." Yeonjun turned his back towards her, he didn't want her to see how broken he was because of her. "Despite all that, I gave you everything I had. All I asked was for you to love- no I would've been satisfied if you would've just appreciated me." He voice cracked as he spoke.

"Yeonjun- " He turned around and raised his hand for her to stop talking. "Did you ever love me?" He looked at her with desperation. "You know what, actually, don't answer that. We both know the answer." He started to walk away.

"Wait. I know I messed up but please. Let me make things right. I realised my mistakes. Let me- " She was cut off by Yeonjun's sad chuckle. "Just save it. I'm done waiting for you to change. It took a while for me to realise that I'd be waiting for never if I wanted you to change."

Yeonjun walked away leaving her alone. That day, he left half of him with her. And she left him with a huge scar in his heart.

┗━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

ok, i was supposed to make more fluff but i just couldn't help myself so here we are lmao
why does every oneshot i write is like depressing or smth? ehh wtv

original storyline: S