Wonderland • Lee Haechan (NCT DREAM)

She softly cried under the sheets of her bed. Her heart ached, she felt as if her world was falling apart. She felt alone, empty and lost without him. But what could she do now? She knew how everything was going to turn out, and yet she still ignored the warnings. Suddenly, a wave of memories hit her.

"Haechan, what are you doing? You can't just sneak into my house." She whispered in a panicked voice, scared of her parents catching him inside her room in the late night.

"I'm sorry baby, I just missed your beautiful face." Haechan said before placing his lips on hers.

"Wanna sneak out?" Haechan asked. She hesitated, but followed him anyway.

That night, she had the best time of her life. She felt complete when she was with him. They were very much in love with each other despite their differences. They were amazing together. She smiled as she remembered her memories with him. It pained her when she realized it was actually over. He was gone, just like the wind.

"Haechan! Can you just stop! It was a misunderstanding!" She shouted, as she ran after her then boyfriend.

"What I saw says otherwise!" He screamed at her face, his voice rough. That alone triggered her tears.

"Haechan, please, people are watching. Let's go somewhere private to talk." she pleaded. Haechan looked around him to see many eyes at them, he then faced the girl, he took one look at her and walked away , leaving her alone.

She sat up from her bed. She wiped the tears on her face. Looking around her room, she saw bits and pieces of him. Pictures of them hung on the walls of her bedroom. She smiled bitterly as she recalled her memories.

"Let's call it quits. I'm tired, Haechan. I can't do this anymore." She said, her back facing him. She did not want him to see her tear-stained eyes.

"What? No, baby, please. Who cares what people think? All we need is our love for each other."

His words comforted her, so she stayed knowing that one way or another they will never be together in the end. They both knew, in fact. But they stayed together, trapped inside their own world; Their own wonderland. They pretended that they could last forever.

Slowly, they fell out of love with each other. Their story came to an end. They eventually called it quits even though it hurts for them to leave each other. They were both unintentionally hurting each other.

She picked up the letter he gave her and read it once again.

'We found our Wonderland, and we got lost in it. In fact, we pretended we could last forever. And honestly, life with you was never worse but never better. We were two teenagers that were too in love to think straight, therefore, we made decisions that we regret. All the experiences with you were new and exciting, I admit, and I will never forget them. However, our story has to come to an end. As much as I hate to say this, you know it too, we may have been destined to meet but it seems we were never destined to last forever.

This is my goodbye to you.

Love,

Lee Haechan.'

"Goodbye, Lee Haechan. It is time to face the harsh reality without you." she whispered and put the letter away. Finally making the decision to move on with her life.

Five years have passed since their last encounter together. Both were doing great. However, both were lacking something; Love. Both of them were never the same since they split up.

Walking down the busy streets of the city, she bumped into someone. All her papers and documents were flying towards the floor.

"Ah fuck. I'm so sorry, sir." She apologized, and hurriedly picked up her papers.

"Hwa-young? Is that you?" the man asked, his voice was familiar. Confused as to how the man knew her name, she looked up. Her eyes widened, surprised to see the man once again. Especially because she hasn't seen him in five years.

"Lee Haechan?"

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

as you may or may not know this oneshot was inspired by Taylor Swift's song, ' Wonderland'. My interpretation of the song: a relationship that was too good to be true. they were basically soulmates, but fate had other plans sooo yeahhhh.

May or may not turn this into a book or smth idk yet, i feel like the storyline is good thoo (ಥ﹏ಥ)

anywayy enjoyy ヽ(゚∀゚ )ノ

Original storyline by: S

Update: I turned this oneshot into a book!!

I'll be publishing the prologue on monday (06/06/22) which is also Haechan's birthday 😃😃