Like I Do • Park Jisung (NCT DREAM)

Jisung woke abruptly. He groaned and searched for his phone in the dark. His only source of light was the moonlight that crept in his room through the gap of his back out curtains. He finally grabbed his phone after much struggle. The brightness of his phone screen glared at him.

1:27 AM

Saturday, 22 November 2022

2 missed call from Y/N

Jisung?

Can you pick me up?

I'm at the park

Actually nvm, I want to be alone rn

Seeing the messages, he rushed to get off his bed, falling down with a loud thud in the process. Luckily, he lived alone in his studio apartment. He quickly threw on his clothes and rushed out of his house. Jisung rode his bicycle to the park, once again, the moon was his only source of light as he zoomed past the empty roads.

Finally, he reached the park. He fished out his phone from his back pocket and hastily dialed her number.

"Hello? Jisung? Did I wake you? If I did, then I'm sorry. Go back to sleep, I'm fine." The girl from the other line informed Jisung, her voice raspy and hoarse as if she just finished a crying session.

"Too late, I'm already out of the house and in the park. Where are you? I'll go to you." Jisung said, his eyes travelling around the empty park, looking for traces of the girl.

"Just go home, Jisung." Y/N said exasperatedly. Just as she said that, Jisung appeared next to her, unbeknownst to her. Jisung ended the phone call and plopped himself next to Y/N. The girl could only look at him with disbelief.

"Jisung, I told you to go home." Jisung studied her facial expressions and concluded that she had just finished crying.

"You know I don't listen to anyone." Jisung softly said.

"Exactly, so why do I even bother?" Y/N thought out loud. Then came silence. They were not uncomfortable with the silence, instead, they found comfort in it.

"Did something happen at home?" Jisung finally broke the silence. He fiddled with his long fingers, worried of how the girl would react to the sensitive topic.

"Yeah." Y/n answered softly. "I just don't understand. I will literally do anything and everything to make my parents proud. I gave up on my dreams for them. I stay up working late at a job that I absolutely hate just for them." Y/N heaved a long sigh. Jisung sat there just listening to her.

"Will I ever be enough for them? Will they ever be proud of me? I just want to be loved, Jisung. Why can't they give me that love?" Y/N turned to Jisung, eyes full of tears that were threatening to fall. His heart broke at this sight. Seeing her questioning her own worth pains him.

"Hey, listen, you are enough. And if they can't see that, it's on them." Jisung softly said. "You are one of the most hardworking individuals I have ever met. Your parents don't see that because they don't know you like I do. They don't spend as much time with you like I do." By now, tears were streaming down the girl's face.

"They don't know you like I do. And, they don't love you like I do. I can provide you with the love that you deserve, so please, don't cry because of them." Jisung pulled Y/N into his arms, hugging her. 

。☆✼★━━━━━━━━━━━━★✼☆。

honestly, idek what i wrote... but YOLO

Original storyline: S