We Met Under the Night Sky • Park Seonghwa (ATEEZ)

"Girl, get your ass off that desk. We're going out!" My brother, Wooyoung, barged into the room and pulled me off the desk.

"Wooyoung, it's literally 10 o'clock right now." I said matter of factly.

"Okay... so, what's your point?" Wooyoung asked, looking through my closet and picking out clothes then aggressively throwing them at me.

"Mom and dad would freak out if they knew we would be going out this late." I stepped closer to my brother, while trying to avoid getting hit by the clothes he was throwing at me.

"My dear, sweet, innocent sister... I don't really give a flying fuck. You don't have to worry, I'll make sure you never find out." Wooyoung said, continuing to make my room messier.

"Besides, you have to get out of the house." Wooyoung stated, turning around and putting an outfit against my body, checking if it looked decent.

"Is that your lame excuse to help me forget about him?" I asked, trying to hide my sadness.

"Baby sister, you know me so well. Now, wear this outfit. Hurry up." Wooyoung exited the room, allowing me to change into the outfit he picked out for me.

I walked out of my room to see Wooyoung and his best friend, San, patiently waiting for me. San approached me, offering a warm and tight hug, trying to comfort me. I, of course, gladly accepted it.

"Tell me if you want him to get beaten up. I would gladly do so, and you know Wooyoung would tag along. My only condition is that you bail us out of jail if we get the cops called on us." San whispered in my ear. I giggled, however, every time someone mentions him, my heart breaks a little.

"Alright, get off my sister. Let's go now."

"Chill bro, I was just comforting my little sister." San said, after getting pushed by Wooyoung.

"You mean, MY sister." Wooyoung emphasized, San then stuck his tongue out at him then made a beeline to the car. Wooyoung chased him, and there I stood still in shock that two grown men were acting like 5 year old.

"So, where exactly are you taking me?" I asked. Looking out the window and staring at the lonely moon hung on the night sky.

"We're going to a carnival near the beach." San answered my question, I nodded my head. The rest of the journey was quiet, only the sound of music playing on the radio was heard. I sat at the back seat observing the view outside the window, for the first time in a very long time, I felt at peace.

"Alright bitches, we're here!" Wooyoung said, his loud ass is always ruining my peace. We exited the car, and were immediately greeted with a crowd. Countless teenagers and young adults were scurrying around and having fun. The sound of laughter was frequently heard as we made our way through the crowd.

"Wooyoung, San! What took you guys so long? We thought you couldn't make it." A group of people waved at us. Wooyoung pulled me with him, afraid we would get separated in the sea of people.

"Sorry, we were waiting on this slowpoke." Wooyoung pointed to me. Wooyoung introduced me to his group of friends then we went about the venue trying different game stalls.

"Guys, the fireworks show is gonna start! Come on, let's find a spot to sit down." Yunho said energetically. Wooyoung pulled me along while the rest led the way to a spot for us to sit.

Soon enough, there was a loud sound that resonated through the air. The night sky was soon decorated with colourful patterns. The occasional pops of the fireworks made me jump, but I still enjoyed the beautiful scene. I diverted my attention to my new found friends, their smiles as they enjoyed the scene above them were bright. As I scanned through my surroundings, I made eye contact with Seonghwa. His eyes were so beautiful and alluring, he had a warm aura around him. There we were, under the night sky, staring at each other while everyone else was admiring the fireworks. That night, the night sky was jealous that he and I were not admiring it.

None of us dared to break eye contact. I felt as though it was a crime to do so. I felt my cheeks flush the longer we stared at each other. Just then, there was  a sudden movement behind Seonghwa. My eyes made their way towards the movement, and there he was, the very man that broke my heart. Kim Jun-hyung was there eating the face of another girl. I softly gasped and covered my mouth. Wooyoung, who was sitting beside me, noticed my movements.

"Hey, what's wrong? Are you feeling unwell?" he asked softly, hearing his question, I felt overwhelmed. My eyes welled up with tears, as I looked at the scene again. Wooyoung followed my gaze, his grip on my shoulders tightened.

I stood up, fed up with the scene and ran. I didn't care where I'd end up, I just wanted to escape from that place. The tears in my eyes blurred my vision, but I couldn't care. I stopped running as I felt my feet sink into the sand. I plopped down on the sand, and looked over the horizon. Tonight was supposed to be me forgetting about him. But no, apparently that was not happening.

"Hey." A voice called out behind me.

"What do you want, Wooyoung?" I asked, not bothering to look back.

"I'm not Wooyoung." I turned back as I heard the confession the voice made. To my relief, it was only Seonghwa.

"Why'd you run off?" He asked as he sat down beside me.

"Why'd you care?" I sassed back at him, I did not want to share my problems to a man that I had just met.

"Well, then, are you ok?" He asked again.

"I'm fine." I replied nonchalantly.

"You don't look fine."

"Then stop looking."

"Damn, who hurt you?" he asked playfully, but what he did not know was that his joke made my heart ache. He finally noticed my sullen expression and awkwardly cleared his throat.

"Hey, I don't know what is happening right now, but just know that I'll be here for you, you'll never be alone... even though we just met." He said calmly. His words offered me so much comfort.

"Thank you." I whispered.

"Oh and I came here to tell you that Wooyoung and San got into a fist fight with a random dude. Soo... yeahhh." Seonghwa added.

꘎♡━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━♡꘎

Wassup people, I hope you enjoy this Seonghwa oneshot cuz it took like 3 days to write (*̩̩̩ᵋ *̩̩̩ )

also becuz I had major writer's block for like 3-4 days (づཀヘཀ)づ

anyway... look at this beautiful man (≧∀≦●)

Okay byee

Original Storyline: S