9: SELFISH

AUTHOR'S POV

Caden's apartment,
 08:00 pm

Grace entered Caden's apartment with the support of Caden's shoulder. Her eyes meet with the completely unknown surrounding. She was confused looking around but not more than Caden as the apartment turned upside down.

Elijah turned the whole place into something else. In the morning it seems like some wild animals own this apartment as they live like one.

Pizza boxes, cold drink canes, alcohol bottles, carry bags used to be on the floor every time. Three of the couch potatoes were too lazy to clean anything.

Garbage collectors would have become millionaires after clearing that apartment that how they had dirtied that apartment.

" Take her to your shared bedroom. She needs rest". Elijah said making Caden nod.

Caden supported Grace taking her inside his bedroom. He sighed as his room was as it is. Their rooms were always clean it's their living room they treat like an adopted kid.

Grace sat on the bed. " It's crazy". She mumbled but Caden heard her. " Everything feels unfamiliar". She added looking around.

"Elly". Caden said taking a seat in front of her.

" Elly ". She repeated brushing her hair back using her fingers. " Even my name feels strange". She looked up at Caden who only stared at her. " It's not even a day. How am I supposed to live this way?". She questioned.

"Hey, you'll be alright soon". Caden assured taking her fragile palm in both of his big ones. " Doctors are doing their best". Caden said making her nod.

" I hope so". She said above a whisper.

" I'll be back with dinner in a few minutes". Caden said standing up from the bed. " Don't think much okay?". He asked softly gaining a small hmm in response.

He left the bedroom and straight went inside Elijah's room. He grabbed his collar and slammed his back against the wall. " Why the f*ck you want me to lie to her?". Caden asked furiously but in a low voice as Grace was in the next room.

" Don't forget you got agree back then". He released his collar from Caden's grip.

" I didn't know you were planning something like this. We simply used to steal things, Elijah. Why break someone's trust? That poor girl doesn't know a shit about herself. I can't go with your planning. I'm going to tell her the truth right now". Saying that Caden went towards the door and grabbed the knob.

" Caden trust me". Elijah said turning Caden around. " I'm not doing this for money". Caden's eyebrows crashed together listening to Elijah because he never think about anything besides money or girls. After what happened to Vi he changed completely.

Elijah slipped his hand in his pocket and pulled out the necklace. Caden didn't even realise when he stole it from him.

" My calculation was wrong. This necklace isn't a mere necklace Caden. I googled about it. It is handmade-".

" And you said you aren't doing this for money?". Caden poked his tongue in his inner cheek.

Elijah sighed. " Will you listen to me for a minute without interrupting?".

" Continue". Caden nodded.

" King". Elijah said clenching the necklace in his fist. " She's somewhat connected to King".