25: TANGLED

AUTHOR'S POV

Hunter's penthouse,
06:57 pm

"You betrayer". Dash slammed Nick against the wall. " YOU REMOVE THE PENTHOUSE FROM SECURITY MOOD THAT NIGHT. YOU ALLOWED SOMEONE IN TO BLACKMAIL ZOE". Dash tightened his grip around Nick's throat his fingers dig in his skin.

" Who was it? ". Dash asked clenching his fist more. Nick's face turned red, he tried to push Dash away but all his attempts got failed miserably.

" A-Alaric". Nick somehow uttered and pushed Dash as his grip loosen after hearing the name.

" I knew it". Dash clenched his jaw looking at Nick who was coughing, trying to catch his breath.

" He knew where Grace is. He said he'll hand her to me in exchange for a meeting with Zoe". Nick explained.

" And you trusted him?". Dash questioned. " What if he had done something to Zoe?". Nick's head bowed out to shame knowing he believed him the most. " She's innocent. I doubted her. I even though she's an agent or something. F*ck my life". Dash mumbled to himself. " I swear, I would have peeled the person by now if it wasn't you". He seethed running his fingers through his hair.

" I was outside all the time for her-".

Dash's dark chuckle paused Nick's words. " It's King we are talking about, Nick. Madness runs in their blood. Hunter won't think twice before ripping your heart out".

" You are gonna tell him?". Nick asked lowly.

" I'm not gonna say a word ". Dash replied.

"You're going to make me tell him, aren't you?". Nick asked as he is aware of Dash's style.

Dash nodded at him. "Loud and clear with every little detail". He answered and turned walking towards the door.

" What about Zoe then?". Nick's voice stopped Dash's feet. " Do you think the King we are talking about will leave her after the mistake she made?". Nick mocked making Dash turn to face him. " No Dash... You and I both know it'll end in blood". Nick added standing in front of Dash whose mind went numb only at the mere thought of his Zoe getting hurt. " You called me betrayer, right? Now see yourself betraying someone who calls you his brother, for your love. Obsession makes us do the things we never assumed. Yours is Zoe. Mine is power. I started counting my breaths after making that foolish mistake but you still have a chance".

Dash listen to the every word that Nick spoke. And he knows not a single was wrong. " Cost?". Dash spoke after a brief silence.

" You don't know I met Alaric. I don't know Zoe ever met him either".

Caden's apartment,
07:09 pm

Caden was lying on the couch of his silent apartment, turning the television channels absentmindedly. Elijah was also there doing absolutely nothing but being a couch potato.

Scott walked inside with his laptop and sat next to Caden placing his laptop on the table in front of him and started pressing some buttons on the keyboard.

"Cad?". Scott called without even looking at him ignoring Elijah's glaring. " Gulp this ". Scott said handing Caden a tiny black device.

" Is it edible?". Caden asked looking down at the little device in between his index finger and thumb.

" Sorry but we are humans, unlike you. We eat food-". Elijah got cut off by Caden's voice.

" Next?". Caden sat up dropping Elijah's jaw.