28: WEEP

AUTHOR'S PO

Hunter's Island,
09:07 am

The sound of waves hitting the wall behind the resigned prisoners was being heard in the pin-dropped silence of the basement.

Vi was awake, resting the back of her head against the wall. Her tired eyes turned towards the entrance of the basement from where she could hear some footsteps.

The light of Draven's cell which was in front of her suddenly turned on. He stir in his sleep some giant men started to unlock the cell. Draven sat up quickly as they got inside his cell.

" King wants you upstairs."One of the men informed.

" For what?" Draven asked standing up from the dusty floor.

" Queen needs a doctor." He replied swiping the detector machine all over Draven's body.

" That maniac. " Draven mumbled under his breath thinking about his last encounter with Hunter. He realized he said that out loud enough for the men standing in front of him to hear but surprisingly they didn't react. Three men simply surrounded him and took him upstairs with them.

Draven with those men stopped on the door frame of Hunter's bedroom. The door was wide open already. Draven's gaze fell on the bed in front of him. Hunter was rubbing Grace's back gently. Softly mumbling something in her ear. Her face was buried in Hunter's chest.

" King, the doctor is here." A man said slightly pushing Draven inside.

Hunter moved back a little and turned his head to look at the door. Draven looked at him, recalling his last conversation with him then at the girl in his arm only to get stupefied.

" Elly?" His eyebrows crashed because she looked like her but he wasn't sure if it was her because of her short hair and now pale face. He immediately went towards the bed to clear his doubt.

" ELLY?" Draven's eyes widened when he finally recognized her. He immediately claimed the bed and grabbed her wrist. " What you did to her?'' He asked checking her pulse only to get relax a little. "Have she taken her medicines?" Draven asked checking her eyes hurriedly.

Hunter stared at the doctor as he seems so concerned. " What medication?" He asked.

" For her mental condition. She's been dealing with Amnesia. She's my patient. She has lost her memories a few months ago in an accident with my friend Cad-" Draven stopped his panic talk and looked up at Hunter whose red eyes were on him. Draven's face turned colorless when he realized he said what he has been hiding.

Behind Hunter's eye, a monster was lurking to rip Draven apart. " Open her eyes or I'll close yours forever." Hunter said in a gravelly voice making Draven nod immediately.

Hunter laid Grace on the bed and allowed Draven to do his work. He brought everything Draven asked for and even asked if she needs any specialists but Draven denied saying he could do it by himself because the island had all the facilities for her treatment.

To know what was up with her Draven took some tests and sat in a corner of the room waiting for the result as it was sent to the laboratory downstairs. He was so amazed by Hunter's behavior around Grace. Because for the first time when he met Hunter he had r*ped Vi.

He gazed up to see the tiger roaming and sweating next to the bed. Waiting for Grace to get her consciousness. He seemed he was one moment away to lose his mind.

" She wasn't lying. All this f*cking time she has been trying to make me believe but I didn't." He mumbled to himself running his fingers through his hair.