19: THREATENED

AUTHOR'S POV

New York,
06:55 pm

Caden took Grace to a shopping mall as per the promise he made. Reaching there she started picking some clothes and other stuff for her while Caden was deep in his thoughts.

" How is it?". Grace's voice pulled Caden into the present again. He looked up at her and hmmed absent-mindedly but his head again snapped towards her as she was having extremely short lingerie in her hands.

" Elly you shouldn't-".

Grace burst into laughter making Caden Frown. " I was joking. You weren't paying attention. Where you lost at Caden?". She asked.

" Nothing... it's just- nothing". He smiled and shook his head struggling to speak.

" Shall I try this one?". Grace asked showing a light pink knee-length dress.

" Sure". Caden nodded.

He stared at Grace as she went inside the trying room. He sighed heavily about to take a seat nearby but his eyes caught a mannequin wearing a floor-length tight red maxi with a thigh-cut design.

Caden went closer to it imagining Grace in it. He literally eye-f*cked the mannequin while biting his lower lip unknowingly. He's thoughts are wild since that night with Grace.

The train of his dirty thoughts pulled to stop when he heard the giggling sound. He turned to see two teenage girls gossiping and laughing at Caden for looking at the mannequin with a dropped jaw.

Caden awkwardly coughed closing his mouth. He gazed at them one last time from the corner of his eyes before heading towards the trying room.

He breathed out resting his back against a wall and waiting for Grace to come out.

As soon as the door opened an unknown girl walked out of it making Caden panic as Grace was the one who entered that room before.

" Elly". He called from outside but after getting no response from inside of any of the doors he called a lady to check on her as he couldn't go inside.

After a few minutes of waiting that lady came out with the shocking news that all the rooms are empty.

Caden ran his fingers in his hair looking as far as he can around him but there was no sign of hers.

Caden rushed outside the shop from the backside exit door because it was near the changing room. Also, she'd need to go past him if she had used the main exit.

It was raining heavily outside. " LEAVE ME". Caden heard Grace's shouting.

He chased the voice and as soon as she turned into an alley his body froze.

There were three giant men along with a white van. Two of them were trying to take Grace with them towards the van but she was shouting and trying to get herself released.

" Elly ". Caden ran towards them and spanked one of the men. He fell to the ground. Caden turned to face the other man who grabbed Grace's neck and pulled her towards him. Her back collided with that man's chest and the man pulled out a gun and aimed it at Grace's temple.

Grace's body was shivering under his hold, her pleading eyes crying the river out of fear, and her hands which were trying to release herself gave up. " Caden ". She cried making Caden step towards her.

" Don't move". That man warned Caden making him stop on the spot.

That man started stepping backward along with Grace. The van driver started the engine as they were about to reach but suddenly a siren echoed and two police cars entered the area.