18: A DEAL

AUTHOR'S POV

Night club,
02:44 am

Elijah break into the club after it went empty. Scott was outside in the car with his laptop waiting for Elijah to connect his pen drive so he could delete the last night's CCTV footage as they failed to do that last night because of some technical problems.

Elijah was waiting for the file to be sent but suddenly his eyes caught something. He reverse the footage and saw himself leaving Grace's side. He saw her talking to a guy next to her but he wasn't able to see his face.

Soon he saw Caden approaching her and the couple headed toward the dance floor.

As Elijah switched on the footage of the dancefloor's CCTV he saw Caden and Grace dancing and then kissing but failed to see that, that guy took Grace's clutch and placed something in it before leaving the club.

" Done ". Along with Scott's voice through the Bluetooth, the screen went black.

Grabbing his pen drive he went towards the security room where he got Grace's clutch, grabbing that also he went outside the club and threw both the things towards Scott who caught them and rested his head back on the car's headrest.

They drive back to their apartment. Scott went inside his room without sharing a word but Elijah noticed the empty couch where Caden should be sleeping.

He glanced at Caden's room door before getting inside his shared bedroom with Scott.

He knows Caden better than anyone as he has spent almost his whole life but hasn't seen Caden with any girl before. Seeing him close to Grace isn't digestible for him.

Right, Elijah was the one who told Caden to show some affection but what Caden did wonder him.

The next morning Elijah didn't say anything to Caden because nothing was going against his plan. Also, Scott hands Grace her clutch back.

Caden promised Grace that he'll take her to the shopping mall even though he didn't want because of the bad vibes he was getting since he noticed that guy saw them while leaving the club.

Soon Caden and Elijah left the apartment leaving Grace alone with Scott again. She roamed in the apartment as she was bored. She went towards Scott's hacking room. 'Go away' was written on his doormat. She hesitantly knocked but there wasn't any response. Twisting the knob she peeked inside only to see Scott chairing.

The room was dark only his face was glowing because him sitting in front of the computer screen. His headphones, mouse, and gaming remote were highlighted as it was changing their color.

There were many computers linked with each other via lots of wires causing her to walk alert.

" AHHH... F*C-". Scott paused as he suddenly found Grace coming toward him. He immediately removed his headphones and rolled his chair a little to face her. " What are you doing here?". He asked.

" I was bored". She replied nervously. " Sorry for distributing you. Keep playing. I'm going b-".

" Wanna play?". Scott cut her off offering his remote.

" I don't know how to play it". Grace moved her shoulders up a little.

" Just take it. You'll learn in a minute. It's so easy". Scott said standing up from the chair.

When she sat down Scott made her wear his headphones and hand her the remote. He showed her all the buttons and rules before asking her if she was ready for the game. Showing her thumb up she gestured to him that she was ready.