32: HOME

AUTHOR'S POV

New York,
09:43 pm

Draven's wife was once again distributing temples while their sleepy daughter was resting the side of her head against the bus stand's wall.

" Hey?" She heard a familiar voice. She opened her eyes to see many colorful balloons in front of her face. A man was sitting on his knees behind it.

She sat up straight. Scared of strangers. " Boo". The man moved the balloon away.

" Papa ". She exclaimed wrapping her tiny arms around his father tightly.

Her voice pulled his wife's attention towards them. The bundle of temples she was holding fell from her hands.

Draven hand his daughter all the balloons and stood up opening his arms. His wife ran towards him and threw her arms around him.

Dash's house, Russia

Zoe bit her lower lip as it trembled to sign the divorce papers. She took her wedding ring and fisted it tightly. She brought her shaking palm closer to her face and kissed it.

She took her decision. She's leaving Dash not knowing what has happened to him. She just knows that a man she loved is into the mafia and hasn't come back since last month.

A tear fell on the paper which was resting on her lap. She wiped her tears and somehow controlled herself. She places the papers on a table and the ring on it.

She grabbed the handle of her suitcase and glanced one last time around her.

His scent is still present in her breath, his touches, the way he cherished her, the way he adored her flashed in front of her eyes that refused her feet to take a step away.

She got such a good heart but it got broken grievously. She loves him dearly but she can't hold his bloodied hand.

She left.

One month later:

New York,
10:53 pm

Elijah took Vi with him to show her festival decoration. The huge crowd of people was celebrating, shouting, and clicking pictures with their families and friends but Vi stood there blankly gazing at them.

Elijah brought her outside to cheer her up a little as she doesn't speak much. She still seems lost in her past. She has been through a lot. She has felt so much that she doesn't feel anything now.

" Hey, Elijah". A blonde approached and hugged Elijah but Elijah didn't. " Where have you been? Any plans for tonight?". She asked moving back and brushing her hands over his chest.

Elijah turned his gaze to see Vi who glanced at them then silently went a little away and sat on a bench.

Elijah excused himself and sat next to Vi on the bench. " She's not my girlfrien-".

" You don't need to explain". Vi looked up at him wiping the fresh tear that escaped her eye. " Anyone would have moved on. Who would have waited for a person like me anyway. I'm destroyed". She mumbled the last words.

" Vi". Elijah took her palm in his and scooted a little closer to her. " Nothing changed for me. You are still the same girl I left that day in the orphanage home. And that girl earlier... I feel nothing for any other girl except for you. I was with them to forget you. To convince myself that you were gone but I couldn't. Lowkey, I knew I'll find you". He explained honestly.